Thread: ISO: Dewalt 733 Dust Hood

ISO: Dewalt 733 Dust Hood

I have the discontinued Dewalt 733 12” planer but don’t have the triangular dust hood attachment at the rear. Before I spend $80 to get one or undertake the task of trying to re-create one, I thought I’d see if a kind Creeker has a 733 they’re about to toss and would sell me the part.

Quote Originally Posted by John LoDico View Post
    I have the discontinued Dewalt 733 12” planer but don’t have the triangular dust hood attachment at the rear. Before I spend $80 to get one or undertake the task of trying to re-create one, I thought I’d see if a kind Creeker has a 733 they’re about to toss and would sell me the part.
    I may have one from a 733 i sold probably 10 years ago--will try to check this morning.

edit--The good news is that i walked right to the dust hood. The bad news is that it's from my DW735 (what i replaced the 733 with.) Looking at them on e-replacement parts, it doesn't look like it would be easily adaptable, if adaptable at all. Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Earl McLain; 03-16-2023 at 8:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Earl McLain View Post
    I may have one from a 733 i sold probably 10 years ago--will try to check this morning.

edit--The good news is that i walked right to the dust hood. The bad news is that it's from my DW735 (what i replaced the 733 with.) Looking at them on e-replacement parts, it doesn't look like it would be easily adaptable, if adaptable at all. Sorry about that.
    Thanks for looking. Reading Amazon comments, it appears the hood for the 734 should work for the 733 (but not the 735). That’s good news because it’s $50 cheaper. I may try a homebuilt/capped PVC pipe solution first. But thanks again.

I sold my 733 in September and sent the dust hood with it as far as I can remember. I have 3 sets of knives for it that have no nicks but are a bit dull that I was planning to try to learn to resharpen, but I bought a 735 instead when the 733 broke down. If you'd like the knives I'll be happy to send them to you for the cost of postage.

Quote Originally Posted by Zachary Hoyt View Post
    I sold my 733 in September and sent the dust hood with it as far as I can remember. I have 3 sets of knives for it that have no nicks but are a bit dull that I was planning to try to learn to resharpen, but I bought a 735 instead when the 733 broke down. If you'd like the knives I'll be happy to send them to you for the cost of postage.
    Zachery, thank you for offering that. It turns out that I have a few extra knive sets that were included when I bought this off Craigslist years ago. Thanks again.

I'm all set with this duct hood. No need to respond (and thanks anyways!)