Thread: Help: I ​​need a hard push opening system

Question Help: I ​​need a hard push opening system

Let's see if someone can help me, please. I want to install drawers with a push-opening system in my motorhome. But I'm affraid that with the movement drawers can open on their own. Is there any special method for this cases? Is it possible to regulate this system, so that the force necessary for opening is more than usually? In my kitchen at home, for example, if my dog ​​approaches, drowers open practically by themselves. I need for my motorhome a push system where this wouldn't happen and I don't know if it exists. Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me and sorry, because my English is not very good

There are numerous options on Amazon. Normally a push-lock would be one or two assemblies. Could you put Four per drawer for example? Most said a 10 pound magnet. I would think two would be plenty unless the drawer is extremely heavy. Then you might need more. Maybe check at an RV dealer and see what most brands use? There are also a catch style lock. Just spit balling here. Good luck.

Also check boat dealers.
    Bill D

Maybe use toddler locks. You open the drawer just enough to push down the latch to open.
    Bill D.
    Not an endorsement just an example.
    https://www.amazon.com/Toddleroo-Nor...a-872684545383

Blog Entries
    Here's one solution: Lock-In and Detent-Out
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

A pushbutton catch is commonly used on boats and RV's/

https://www.amazon.com/Magic-shell-C...69085891&psc=1
    "Anything seems possible when you don't know what you're doing."