Thread: corel to rd-works

corel to rd-works

I have a design that I created in corel draw and when I go rd-works to engrave and cut I am having problems with the text not filling in, what am I doing wrong? The first one is what is coming into rd-works and the second one is the original design in corel draw which is what I want. What am I doing wrong?
    PXL_20230315_000207901.jpgPXL_20230315_000119295.jpg

Thanks
    Terry Wade
    BEC Fiber Laser 50 watts with Rotary Attachment and supplied EzCad
    Nice Cut 1600x1200 100 watt Reci with supplied RDWorks and Corel Draw X8, Rotary attachment
    Shenhui 350 50 watts with supplied RDWorksV8
    Sherline CNC Milling Machine
    Concrete Printer CNC Engraver

I know zero about RD Works but if that happened on my laser I would look at the colors I used for fill and outline. Most domestic machines require the RGB palette and the fill would be black. I don't know that the job needs an outline.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Wade View Post
    I have a design that I created in corel draw and when I go rd-works to engrave and cut I am having problems with the text not filling in, what am I doing wrong? The first one is what is coming into rd-works and the second one is the original design in corel draw which is what I want. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks
    Terry Wade
    What format are you exporting from CorelDraw? I've seen instances with LightBurn and certain file formats where there will be two outlines of things, stacked right on top of each other which can basically cancel each other out for a fill operation. So, you might try breaking things apart in RDWorks and ensure there aren't duplicates of the letters or something like that causing the issue. Or, maybe try to export in a different file type from CorelDraw to import to RDWorks.
    Epilog Fusion Pro 48 - 120 Watt
    OMG Laser 60W JPT MOPA Fiber
    Mimaki UJF-6042MkII e UV Printer

Steve I'm not sure of the file format, but I did notice when I looked into it that there were 2 layers. I did a work around and got the job done but in the future I will try to figure out what is going on. As far as I can remember this is the first time that I tried to bring something into rd-works from corel draw that had text in the design. I'm not an expert in corel draw but I am going research it further so I will not have this issue in the future. If this had been auto-cad, I have about 40K + hours and could have taken care of the issue pretty quickly.

Thanks
    Terry Wade
    BEC Fiber Laser 50 watts with Rotary Attachment and supplied EzCad
    Nice Cut 1600x1200 100 watt Reci with supplied RDWorks and Corel Draw X8, Rotary attachment
    Shenhui 350 50 watts with supplied RDWorksV8
    Sherline CNC Milling Machine
    Concrete Printer CNC Engraver

IF there's a second layer, it could be the text from Corel was painted AND outlined-? Anything from a 'hairline' and up outline that's added to 'painted' text is usually construed by Chinese (and other) software to be a second object on top of the first-- and if that's the case, in my experience 2 of the same things on top of each other usually cancels out 'paint' if one object IS painted, and if 2 outlines are on top of each other, usually the result is they cancel out each other and you're left with nothing!

I've been moving jobs from Corel to Chinese software for 10 years, now, and found out long ago to NEVER EVER EVER "paint" ANYTHING that's headed for Chinese software. I ONLY export OUTLINE colors, then do the painting within the Chinese program. If I must send a painted job, I make sure before I send/export it that outlines are 'none'
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

FINGER LAKES AREA , CENTRAL NEW YORK STATE
    I am not familiar with rd-works but can offer some Corel suggestions that can assist in exporting a Corel image to another format..
    1 have a look at you Corel wire frame image. This will show you possibly components from invisible colors you will not see in regular view.
    2 in your ordginal Corel text image select any color from your corel pallet and assign that color to any outline. If an outline exhists
    3 CONVERT YOUR TEXT TO CURVES this operarion is a click of the mouse and strips all the characteristics of the thex image and treats it like an object.
    calabrese55