Thread: Touching up a sprayed finish

Touching up a sprayed finish

Will be using a waterborne pigmented finish, likely lacquer on new cabinet build. How to touch up during installation? I’m thinking the crown might need some.same color code with a good interior paint? Thanks

Just use the lacquer with a brush. You can add GF's Extender to it if you need more open time. Or tape off and spray with a detail sprayer.

John

Ok. I did try dabbing some small tear out chips one time and it didn’t seem level so the extender is a good idea , thanks

I personally have used "proper" trim paint in the same color for trim that is involved in a built-in, using a standard SW (or BM) color for both. I happen to use Target Coatings for my waterborne finish and they have been outstandingly accurate on the color match to the paint I pick up from my local SW store. While you "can" brush a waterborne product intended for spraying, it's not always easy to get the same result as spraying. So I use paint designed for brushing for components that have the higher risk of damage from installation.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...