Thread: silly Craigslist score

silly Craigslist score

My 30 y/o Emglo portable compressor died the death a few weeks ago so I've been looking for a cheap replacement. This morning I came across a listing for a leaky Porter Cable unit 10 miles away for $20. I enquired about the extent of the leak and was told that the owner (a cabinetmaker to whom I sold a scrollsaw a few years ago) wasn't sure, didn't have time to check it out, and would give it to me free for taking it off his hands. Well, alright! Got it home, plugged it in, heard hissing, closed the drain valve and it's still reading 145 psi 3 hours later. So, Nick, if you read this and want your compressor back, ok but I might have to charge for a service call.

Too funny! I've kinda been there. Waiting and waiting and waiting one day for the compressor to finish and then realized I left the valve open.

I picked one up free from CL last year- the owners said it leaked. Just needed some teflon tape on the hose fittings.

Not that I needed another one...

I've picked up two that needed ring on pressure gauge tightened. Ignorance is bliss, they are ignorant, and I'm happy!

Replace the drain valve with an elbow and some pex to a stainless steel ball valve you can see and reach.
    Bill D.