Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Can the dead vote? Non-political

I had an interesting thing happen. The town in which I live is in two counties. While the majority of the village is in Grant County. Seems I was the only one to vote who lived in the Iowa County side. A state wide paper had an article saying the lone voter in Montfort, living in Iowa County voted for .... My vote wasn't private. Stupid journalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    That's true only until they open the envelopes and process the ballots. Once the ballot is separated from the envelope, there better be no way to tie the ballot to an individual.
    As I've said multiple times...there is a barcode on the ballot.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    As I've said multiple times...there is a barcode on the ballot.
    Are you 100% positive it is a different barcode on every ballot?

It may be a barcode for the counting machines to know which precinct or district the ballot is to be counted in. In many states multiple precincts or districts are counted on centrally located machines. The precincts or districts may have different ballots.

This is from the Pennsylvania Department of State > https://www.dos.pa.gov/SimplyStated/...e.aspx?post=47

More general barcode information here > https://www.nass.org/sites/default/f...S-Summer19.pdf

There is a lot more information on this. Right now, my breakfast is calling.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Anyone who knows me well knows who I vote for. Sometimes that's good sometimes not so much

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Force View Post
    Anyone who knows me well knows who I vote for. Sometimes that's good sometimes not so much
    Same here, but I do not think any of us wanting the state or any other politicos watching over our vote.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)