Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bandsaw Cover Bag?

Bandsaw Cover Bag?

I have a Rikon 10-326 that I'd like to cover with a clear plastic bag. Problem is I don't know how to find one. I'd like it to cover all the down to the ground. Any ideas???

Plastic will hold moisture and may cause rust. How about a cloth sail bag or a old dome tent.
    Bill D

Look for a smoker or patio heater cover.
    Just an example
    https://www.coversandall.com/grill-h...0aAka3EALw_wcB

I’m looking for something see-through and not ridged, like a tarp.

You might have to make your own. You can buy clear sheet vinyl PVC by the yard from a roll that's 54" wide. My local plastics place has it in 10, 20, and 30 thousandths thick. I use the 20 thou version to make vacuum bags. I've also seen it in fabric stores; think clear covers for sofas and such. I glue it together with PVC cement from the same plastics place. If you can't find the stuff locally, I'm sure you can buy it on the web.

Seconded the recommendation for CoversAndAll.

They have clear vinyl covers: https://www.coversandall.com/custom-...vinyl-covers-p

You provide the dimensions and some pictures, and they'll custom make it. I've had a good experience with a few covers, including an odd-shaooed L couch.

6 mil plastic and some small spring clamps.

How are you going to put this bag on the saw, and take it off? That's an awkward thing to put over the machine.

There are outfits which make stuff for dust control on home remodels. They offer sheet plastic, and they offer parts which become doors with zippers. You open a zipper to walk through the door, and zip it closed after. Making your bag with the zipper technology would get you easier access to the machine. You might even be able to hang the enclosure, and never even take it off the saw. You unzip it, and drape it behind the machine, where it is out of the way when you use the saw.

Thanks all. I think I'll be looking into Coverandall for sure. That said, if I could stitch clear plastic together, I'd make my own cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Arita View Post
    Thanks all. I think I'll be looking into Coverandall for sure. That said, if I could stitch clear plastic together, I'd make my own cover.
    No stitching required. Use PVC cement.

A bit off topic but relevant to others perhaps, I have used 55 gallon opaque plastic trash bags to protect my bandsaw and drill press when an ice dam on the roof created a leak that made it to the ceiling of my basement shop. No direct hits but I cringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Buxton View Post
    No stitching required. Use PVC cement.
    Jamie, will PVC cement work on plastic drop cloth, like the ones at HD?

Well, just placed an order on Coversandall. Certainly not cheap, but I suspect it'll be done better than I could do. I ordered it with a zipper to make easier to take on and off. Thanks all for the help.

Oops, too late, but I was going to suggest a mattress shipping bag.