Thread: Help with laptop computer

Help with laptop computer

My laptop started to act up and not sure what to do to fix or what to search for a fix.

If I click on the "Start" in windows (10) it will just flash, so fast no way to click on anything like documents. I can click on anything on my desktop and it will open as normal but then in Firefox it will not open any of my bookmarks if I click on them. I also cant right click on anything, again, will just flash so fast no way to click on copy or past for example.

Just by accident if I press and hold the control key till I open what I need , things will work as they should for a time (2 to 10 min) and start to act up again.

I ran CCleaner, malwarebyte, windows defender any tools I found under HP help and everything comes back good, No problems found.

Any Ideas how to figure out what to do?

Was not easy but got everything backed up to date.

EDIT Sorry, Got it in the wrong forum but unable to delete for some reason. Move to Off Topic if needed.
    Last edited by Dave Lehnert; 03-07-2023 at 11:32 PM.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Blog Entries
    Do a google search for: If I click on the "Start" in windows (10) it will just flash

Apparently this is a known problem. Here is a link: Flickering Start Menu
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Thanks. Ill have a look
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale