Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Use a 5" Cordless Orbital Sander?

Never used one, doesn't a big enough battery to make the tool last a while make the sander awfully heavy? I've come to enjoy the small size and relatively light weight of the Mirka I mostly use. A cord does seem like a minor inconvenience compared to the vacuum hose that, I think, needs to be there anyway.

I bought the DeWalt cordless sander and have used it a bit. The problem now is how to attach it to my dust collection. DeWalt has a proprietary attachment method. I just ordered an adapter and hope I don't have any problem attaching it to my hose.

I used it with a 5Ah battery and it doesn't feel too heavy or unbalanced.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Henderson View Post
    I bought the DeWalt cordless sander and have used it a bit. The problem now is how to attach it to my dust collection. DeWalt has a proprietary attachment method. I just ordered an adapter and hope I don't have any problem attaching it to my hose.

I used it with a 5Ah battery and it doesn't feel too heavy or unbalanced.

Mike
    i bought this kit for both corded and cordless Dewalt sanders. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I wanted the cordless for working in the house and at my daughters house. I find I use it more, sometimes with the vacuum hose and sometimes with the dust collector supplied with the sander.
    Thank you,

Rich Aldrich

65 miles SE of Steve Schlumpf.

"To a pessimist, the glass is half empty; to an optimist, the glass is half full; to an engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be." Unknown author

Purchased the Milwaukee cordless sander and found it to be almost worthless, very little power. Returned it and bought a second one with the same results. Returned the second sander and the company where I purchased the sander opened 3rd sander and tried it out in-house, same result, worthless. I have many Milwaukee tools that perform excellently but the orbital sander is worthless.