Thread: Is Woodtek table saw sold under another name- need arbor

Blog Entries

Is Woodtek table saw sold under another name- need arbor

Oh great and wise ones of SMC:

I have a Woodtek 12” cabinet saw. It has interchangeable arbors. During the move, the 5/8” arbor was misplaced. I can’t find any replacement parts for Woodtek, so I am wondering if it’s like some other tools where parts are interchangeable. Does anyone know if the Woodtek saw was sold under another name, or where I can get another 5/8” arbor?

By the way, FYI- an older Unisaw handwheel with 3/4” keyed bore will fit a Woodtek saw. I gambled and won on that one. One handwheel got damaged in shipping.

Woodtek is a brand sold by Woodworkers Supply. Have you contacted them? If they don't have parts they may be able to assist you still. I haven't ordered anything from them in several years but they were always excellent on customer service.

https://woodworker.com/
    Last edited by Ronald Blue; 03-04-2023 at 8:21 PM.

I have an older Woodtek Jointer. It seems to be a Delta clone. I don’t know about the cabinet saw but Woodworkers Supply may have information. Even though they don’t list machinery anymore.
    Charlie Jones

I'll bet woodworkers supply has some parts in stock. I think they stocked parts in NM, but may be remembering that incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom M King View Post
    I'll bet woodworkers supply has some parts in stock. I think they stocked parts in NM, but may be remembering that incorrectly.
    They have a large warehouse and showroom here in Albuquerque. They took a lot of my money over the years.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Blog Entries
    OK thanks. Will try Woodworkers Supply on Monday. I know my business partner tried to get the hand wheel from them and they didn’t have it. I wasn’t aware they were the actual manufacturer. Their website doesn’t show it but I am hoping they stock it. Thanks again.

I would think the saw is actually made by Geetech or somebody like that. It would be helpful if Woodworker's Supply had the OEM info.

Yes, it was made in Taiwan. I have several pieces of Woodtek equipment. It's a store brand, but all sturdily built. They have a store here in N.C. One mortiser I have came with a cracked base. They were quick to send the replacement that I believe came from N.M.

There are often "very similar" machines from Grizzly to private label equipment sold by woodworking stores over the years, so that's also a potential parts source. An interchangeable arbor is a bit more esoteric, however. I hope you can find what you need!

The last resort could be having a machine shop make one, but I'm betting that would be, um... $$$$
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Is this a knockoff of the rockwell 12/14 saw? Grizzly used to sell arbors for their version that fit. Delta's supplies are long gone. I believe it is 5/8 left hand thread. It might be fine thread. The taper is 30 degrees the same as the rigid pipe reamer that fits their pipe threading ratchet.
    Do you have the pin wrench for the arbor? I had to make mine and the pin spacing was not 2". it was a little smaller.
    Bill D.

https://www.amazon.com/RIDGID-34955-.../dp/B001HWSEUS

http://wiki.vintagemachinery.org/1214NewArbor.ashx

https://sawmillcreek.org/showthread....2-14-Table-Saw
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 03-05-2023 at 12:31 PM.

Best photto I have seen.
    Bill D.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16573253613...Bk9SR7rQ2avWYQ
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bill Dufour; 03-05-2023 at 12:19 PM.