Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to buy Formica Laminate in the Seattle area

Where to buy Formica Laminate in the Seattle area

I need to rebuild some cabinets for my Airstream trailer and to make them match I need a sheet of white laminate to veneer the plywood with. I remember in the past that Home Depot or similar stores would sell sheets of Laminate, but that doesn’t seem to be the case anymore. You can buy some premade Formica counter top pieces, but that’s it.

Does anybody have an idea where I could buy a sheet of this stuff locally?

Pretty sure you can order it through Home Depot and Lowes, with free delivery.

John

When I have purchased laminate, I have found it locally in a flooring supply store.

Check with cabinet shops.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    Pretty sure you can order it through Home Depot and Lowes, with free delivery.

John
    Yep, that's where I order it usually: https://www.homedepot.com/b/Search/N...tialmax&NCNI-5
    --I had my patience tested. I'm negative--

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul F Franklin View Post
    Yep, that's where I order it usually: https://www.homedepot.com/b/Search/N...tialmax&NCNI-5

Yes, I just bought some for a router table top from Home Depot. Go to the cabinets area and they can order it for you in any color made, and it only took a few days to arrive in my case. It seems nobody sells it over the counter any more. I’m not in your area, but I looked all over in my area and nobody sold it in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcolm Schweizer View Post
    Yes, I just bought some for a router table top from Home Depot. Go to the cabinets area and they can order it for you in any color made, and it only took a few days to arrive in my case. It seems nobody sells it over the counter any more. I’m not in your area, but I looked all over in my area and nobody sold it in stock.
    With so many colors, it's understandable that no one stocks it, except maybe in white. Besides, how many people except tradesmen who generally have their own sources buy laminate these days?

Try https://www.wilsonart.com/

I see they have several distributors in Seattle. The one by me in Tempe, Arizona sells a zillion different colors by the sheet, and they have them in stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    With so many colors, it's understandable that no one stocks it, except maybe in white. Besides, how many people except tradesmen who generally have their own sources buy laminate these days?
    Even when it was stocked at the Orange 'borg years ago, it was only black, white and one lighter mottled combination color to my memory. It was often only 2x4 sheets, too. I agree that it doesn't make much sense to stock something that only occasionally sells and when folks like and prefer to be able to select from a variety of colors and patterns. In many case, folks who want laminate counters will buy them pre-made, too, and just cut holes for things like sinks. Not many folks like to lay their own laminate these days; it was a lot more common decades ago I think.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I always order my laminate from the orange store and have it ship to store. If the box is beat up, I make them unbox it for my inspection prior to accepting it. Still make laminate counters fairly frequently.

I do the same as Lisa. I order online, with free shipping to closest HD. Shipping is usually only a couple of days. Never has an issue with damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob McBreen View Post
    I do the same as Lisa. I order online, with free shipping to closest HD. Shipping is usually only a couple of days. Never has an issue with damage.
    They will ship it to your house - for free.

John

Quote Originally Posted by John TenEyck View Post
    They will ship it to your house - for free.

John
    I just bought some for a couple shop projects (4x8 matte black). In my area (Colorado) it was was 10 or 15 bucks to ship for some reason (not outrageous, just not free). Since HD is on the way home from work, I opted for the ship to the store for free.

To the OPs question though, HD has it and a few others mentioned flooring stores, which is a good suggestion if you need something unique.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Burnside View Post
    I just bought some for a couple shop projects (4x8 matte black). In my area (Colorado) it was was 10 or 15 bucks to ship for some reason (not outrageous, just not free). Since HD is on the way home from work, I opted for the ship to the store for free.

To the OPs question though, HD has it and a few others mentioned flooring stores, which is a good suggestion if you need something unique.
    Maybe you pay less for the product out there to make up the difference. It's free shipping at both Lowes and HD in my area:

Last edited by Jim Becker; 03-06-2023 at 5:37 PM. Reason: fixed quote tagging

Mine was 61.92 two weeks ago Just checked now and it's the same as you show and free shipping to my home LOL. Go figure.

Free shipping to home from the Home Centers is definitely both product and geography related and it's not unusual to be unavailable while free ship to store is for the same product. It's a matter of choosing either ship to home or ship to store based on that as well as convenience or circumstance. I've used both.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...