Thread: Cutting Board Clamping Fixture

Cutting Board Clamping Fixture

I'm planning to make an adjustable jig for clamping/gluing boards together for cutting boards.

A while back I picked up a bunch of De-Sta-Co clamps from a local auction of a shop closing up.
    149.jpg

I've seen a lot of clamping jigs/fixtures that use normal parallel & bar clamps!
    Seeing that I already have the De-Sta-Co clamps, I figured they would work good for a clamping fixture.

Looking for ideas. Has anyone made a clamping fixture using De-Sta-Co style clamps?

Doug

Those have limited adjustment- basically on or off. Not sure where the "adjustable" would come from in the jig unless there was another clamping mechanism,

but post it if you come up with something good!

Blog Entries
    I think you would have to make a jig out of plywood which would have a stop block across one side and a second bar that fits across another portion of the ply wood such that the clamps with their limited travel would reach and apply pressure to two or more pieces of wood being glued together. You would likely need the toggle clamps every 6" or so, so this gluing fixture is likely to get quite heavy.

Perhaps something similar to the jig in this video. He shows how it works at the 5:00 minute point. You could replace his Hex head bolts with your toggle clamps. You might need fixed stops instead of T-track and screw knobs.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute