Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temu -So Harbor Freight users have someone to make fun of

Temu -So Harbor Freight users have someone to make fun of

Temu (dot) com - must register to use site.

1/4" Aluminum router plate for a subcompact router. I ordered one that has slots instead of screw holes so it can fit a wider variety of small routers.

I also sprung for the ~$4 step drill set. The ~$8 set from HF seemed a bit pricey .
    Last edited by Rich Engelhardt; 03-03-2023 at 10:56 AM.
    My granddad always said, :As one door closes, another opens".
    Wonderful man, terrible cabinet maker...

Nope, they want my email or phone number to get into the site.

Really?

I did not know that. I must have missed that part when I put in the order.

Sorry about that. I edited the original post.

Aliexpress version cost 7.88.
    Bill D.
    https://campaign.aliexpress.com/wow/..._id=1085100208

Temu = all Chinese garbage. Nothing worth having.

I setup a Google Voice number that I use on things like this, Craigslist postings (or anything for sale). It's free and comes in handy.
    I've also got a couple of email accounts setup to give that I never check.
    It's never too late to have a happy childhood.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Roock View Post
    Temu = all Chinese garbage. Nothing worth having.
    Would you mind sharing what garbage you have purchased from them? A few days ago I ordered a couple things to see for myself.

Just wondering if you are simply stating an opinion, or if you have experience to back it up. Nothing more.
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Sweeney View Post
    Nope, they want my email or phone number to get into the site.
    If you just want to look, give 'em one (email/phone) It doesn't have to be real.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    If you just want to look, give 'em one (email/phone) It doesn't have to be real.
    Pretty sure you missed the point of my post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Space View Post
    Would you mind sharing what garbage you have purchased from them? A few days ago I ordered a couple things to see for myself.

Just wondering if you are simply stating an opinion, or if you have experience to back it up. Nothing more.
    lol I will never buy anything from that smarmy site of Chinese garbage. Experience not needed - experience already gained as the garbage is nothing new. Expecting a decent quality item is completely unrealistic to arrive from there. I see their constant obnoxious Google ads far too much - just looking at the shiny garbage is all anyone needs to convince them not to buy. If you or others want to buy from there, it is certainly your right. You might get something that is somewhat useful as long as it is not mechanical, electrical or needed for strength/reliability.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Dufour View Post
    Aliexpress version cost 7.88.
    Bill D.
    https://campaign.aliexpress.com/wow/..._id=1085100208
    Bill, that looks like it's just for the dust collector piece. The entire router plate, with all the attachments looks to be a little over $30. The bare plate itself looks to be about $20.

The Temu plate I got ran $14.88 and came with insert rings, screws and a start pin.
    My first impression of it is really pretty positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Roock View Post
    lol I will never buy anything from that smarmy site of Chinese garbage. Experience not needed - experience already gained as the garbage is nothing new. Expecting a decent quality item is completely unrealistic to arrive from there. I see their constant obnoxious Google ads far too much - just looking at the shiny garbage is all anyone needs to convince them not to buy. If you or others want to buy from there, it is certainly your right. You might get something that is somewhat useful as long as it is not mechanical, electrical or needed for strength/reliability.
    I guess you answered my question! LOL!

Personally, my experience differs. Experience really is needed.

My iPhone and iPad are excellent quality and guess where they are manufactured…

I remember when I was a kid the same thoughts were expressed about Japanese products. Might have been true then. But today many imported items really are cost effective, even if not top shelf. Not total junk as some would believe.
    Too much to do...Not enough time...life is too short!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Space View Post
    I guess you answered my question! LOL!

Personally, my experience differs. Experience really is needed.

My iPhone and iPad are excellent quality and guess where they are manufactured…

I remember when I was a kid the same thoughts were expressed about Japanese products. Might have been true then. But today many imported items really are cost effective, even if not top shelf. Not total junk as some would believe.
    Hello Bill, You did misunderstand my comment of 'No experience needed". That could be my fault for not saying "No experience needed with Temu". I already know what buying the cheapest part or tool will get you. Many years of seeing the lowest priced jokes of China. My wife, for a period of time, was wanting to buy the same type of China crap - I would warn her that it was garbage, she still wanted..... then we get the stuff & most of it goes into the garbage quickly. She no longer asks me as I told her no more China crap. Quality materials & quality manufacturing cost $ - why anybody thinks they will get something worth keeping for $5 or $7 is hard to figure. You get what you pay for, sometimes you get much less. I have an Iphone - I would never call it "excellent quality". That being said, I have bought a few Wen powertools & I am quite satisfied. $2 screwdrivers are nothing new, disposable tools that hopefully could get 1 use. And nothing from Japan even ever came close to horrible Chinese garbage. Good luck !

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Schoenthal View Post
    I setup a Google Voice number that I use on things like this, Craigslist postings (or anything for sale). It's free and comes in handy.
    I've also got a couple of email accounts setup to give that I never check.
    Smart thing to do!

I still have a "Complete set of 40 Sockets" made in Japan in the 60's. Good enough to keep in the trunk of the car, and still has the $2.00 price tag on it. Oh, ratchet included, all in a metal box.

Quality? Of course not, but I have used them many times. Back in the day, I kept a set in the car(s), boat, camper trailer and pickup.

Give it a few years and China will be undersold by India and Indonesia.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.