Thread: Someone on this forum maybe?

Someone on this forum maybe?

I was drooling on my keyboard watching this.

Elderly man has the MOST amazing wood shop at his house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqfNdE8TXxg

Hah, whenever somebody says "elderly man and an amazing shop", you generally get a bunch of old cast iron and hand tools. Not about a half a million dollars in Martin equipment and other machinery! lol.

Another thing about the "elderly man".... I don't think he's elderly at all, unless being 50 -60 is considered "elderly" by the youngster making the video.
    I think he included the descriptor "elderly" to further hide the identity of the shop owner.
    Reason: I noticed the man's hands and they are most definitely not the hands of an elderly person, say, a person over 65 (unless the man got botox shots in the back of his hands).
    The skin is 'way too smooth, and then I looked at his forearms...same thing... skin is way too smooth for someone who is "elderly".
    Now, it still may be someone on this forum, but (imo) an "elderly man" he ain't.
    Last edited by Patty Hann; 03-03-2023 at 4:15 AM.
    "What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing.
    It also depends on what sort of person you are.”

Easily over 65. No one under 65 wears a watch like that anymore.
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

multiple reactions to this you tube video; not a fan.
    i remember when he first posted the trip to LA to do a bid - seemed poorly thought out as he is based in TX and not licensed in CA, nor is Calif inclined to give reciprocity to anyone.
    Think i saw part of the equipment in it at the time - but some looks new to me, so maybe i am conflating with others i have viewed.
    The owner is not "elderly" - that does not start until after 90 . . . for most of us.
    The stupid face he puts over the owner seems disrespectful and juvenile (and lacking any class).
    The poster needs to "get over it" and move on.
    i have watched some of his other videos and this one does nothing to improve my prior impressions that he has a framer's mentality and is ill suited to finish work.
    He is not in the same league as Spencer Lewis (Insider Carpentry) when it comes to quality of work, clarity of explanation, finished product, educational value, production value, etc
    Well, already spent more time on this than it is worth . . . JMHO, FeelFreeToDisagree, YMMV

To add my opinion.. He has a beautiful shop, no doubt, but the face overlay and voice modification is juvenile in the extreme. I could only stomach a few minutes of it.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I agree fully with Patrick on this topic.

The man asked that he not post the video of his shop and he went and reposted it anyway. Disrespectful on multiple levels.

Sal
    Thanks,
    Sal

I agree with everything that was said to this point.

This is incredibly disrespectful.

This was 2 plus years ago. He only posted this to make money. With his level on YouTube, he is getting ad revenue from these posts. If he was over it like he said he was 2 years ago, then why post now - I will tell ya why $$$.

I won't watch his videos anymore.

PK

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Roehl View Post
    Easily over 65. No one under 65 wears a watch like that anymore.
    Well under 65, and I do.
    ~mike

happy in my mud hut

I certainly agree with all the comments made about the fellow that made the video. I have no idea who he is nor have I watched any of his other videos. This one just came up in my YouTube home screen probably because it is woodworking related. I had a hard time watching with the juvenile face overlay, but my focus was only on the equipment this man has for a supposed "hobby" workshop and I thought others here would enjoy being envious as me. Didn't mean to get some fellow Creekers riled up about the producer.

Blog Entries
    I like the Dark Side of the Moon van!
    Last edited by Maurice Mcmurry; 03-03-2023 at 8:11 PM. Reason: caps
    Best Regards, Maurice

Maybe 15 years ago there was a video on YT and I am pretty sure it was done by Festool showing a workshop a Festool user had put together. There was no evidence of his woodworking apart from the house he said he had worked on but for the time it was shown it was extremely impressive, cost heaps and was very cleverly put together. YT does not allow any searches by date beyond one year back but someone here may recall it. He had a catchy nickname and I think it was in the San Francisco area. The guy who did the linked video deserves all the bad feedback that I hope he gets.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening