Thread: New Member

Good Afternoon...

I joined the forum a few days ago (2/24/23) and was wondering when I would have my permissions updated to view image posts and such. I know the admins are busy folks and do their best to manage the forum, but figured I'm just ask.

Thanks,
    Glenn

Glenn, Welcome to the Creek!

To view images, use the Classifieds Forum and the Lumberyard Forum( a private forum unseen by the searchbots like Google), or eliminate advertisements, one has to Contribute financially to help support the site. The recommended amount is $6.00 annually. You can donate by simply clicking on the Donate button near the top of the page.

You can still post here without contributing financially but you won't be able to see images or use the other forums I listed or the sell items here among members.

Again, Welcome to the Creek!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Welcome Glenn.

To add to what Ken said the tiny contribution is what keeps the doors open here, I think mostly to pay for the computer hardware, internet access and such but I don't know for sure. I would certainly feel lost if the site went away!

Some people make the small donation every year. I like to use the recurring contribution option to pay automatically every month through PayPal so I never have to think about it! Some people like to contribute once a year.

A LOT of people visit SMC! For example, at the moment I see:
    There are currently 1129 users online. 58 members and 1071 guests
    Most users ever online was 10,489, 10-28-2019 at 9:32 PM.
    Threads 259,784
    Posts 3,087,668
    Members 143,870

Hey, where in the country do you live? I'm in east TN. There are people here from all over the country and the world. Some people like to add their location and maybe something about themselves in their profile - click on your name at the top of the screen, then "About me". You can also create photo albums so show work and interests.
    What kind of things are you interested in, general woodworking, turning, hand tools, metalworking, laser engraving, ??
    I like a variety of things but mostly woodturning.

JKJ

Thanks guys!
    Just donate $10 through PayPal.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Leite View Post
    Thanks guys!
    Just donate $10 through PayPal.
    thank you from all of us!

A picture from our place just for fun.

D2B3B380-C33E-4D6F-8078-D4543F374364.jpg

Thanks!
    Great pic...how old is the new one?

Here's a couple...what I did before heading to work this morning!
    Guess what I'm building...

IMG_5817.jpg

IMG_5819.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Leite View Post
    Thanks!
    Great pic...how old is the new one?…
    Good fun. She’s one day old in that picture. Baby horse Secret showed up as a surprise lsst April, less than 100 lbs.

They grow so fast - this picture is from 2 days ago during a training session, almost 11 months old, over 500 lbs.

3C9189EE-4A8B-4175-857A-FDC54CB6885F.jpg

She will probably weigh twice that when fully grown.

Before going to work, what’s that? (I retired in ‘06, work many days from light till dark without leaving the farm - but take breaks often, play in the shop when the mood strikes!)

JKJ

That's very cool!!!!
    My wife grew up with horses. She really didn't have much interest, her brothers took care of them.

I'm building a "Pocket Hole Machine". Tired of using the Kreg and the steep pocket angle is a PITA.
    I designed it to have a 6* angle for the screw, make assembly much easier as the pieces don't want to shift.'s complete.
    I'll post a thread once it

Pocket Hole Machine.jpg

6 Degree Pocket Screw Angle.jpg