Thread: New engraver compatible with "Lightburn" software.

New engraver compatible with "Lightburn" software.

My Epilog Radius is still chugging along. It has a Synrad J48-2 (25w?) tube from 2002,, I have had the machine for 4 years and have not noticed any decline in power from when I bought it. (I have less than $1500 in the engraver, exhaust system, computer, quiet air compressor)

My son and I are starting to use it a little more, after sitting idle for a year or 2, it is getting daily use. Son makes custom wallets, etc and has started using the laser to etch logos and designs. In the next few years I will have even more time to pursue projects on it.

That said,, it is a 20 year old tube in a ~25 year old machine.
    One thing I have about the set up is the clunky interaction between the drawing program (AI and Corel), the windows 95 printer driver and the console on the machine.
    Add to the fact Adobe Ill and Corel Draw are both way more than we need for our simple drawings.
    So I am going to be replacing it in the next year.

I really like what I see with Lightburn coupled with a Ruida controlled machine. I looks like a good basic drawing program that has direct control over a Ruida based machine.
    So are than any solid, quality machines that are directly compatible with Lightburn??
    I would prefer a Synrad RF laser machine with a Ruida controller.

Does such a thing exist ??

Quote Originally Posted by Nick Andraka View Post

I really like what I see with Lightburn coupled with a Ruida controlled machine. I looks like a good basic drawing program that has direct control over a Ruida based machine.
    So are than any solid, quality machines that are directly compatible with Lightburn??
    I would prefer a Synrad RF laser machine with a Ruida controller.

Does such a thing exist ??
    Thunder Laser has their Odin series machines that are Ruida based with RF tubes in them. 3G acceleration and 80ips max speed. Thunder makes some good machines, and has good US based support.

https://www.thunderlaserusa.com/
    Epilog Fusion Pro 48 - 120 Watt
    OMG Laser 60W JPT MOPA Fiber
    Mimaki UJF-6042MkII e UV Printer

Blog Entries
    But max of 55watts at a pretty premium price for a chinese laser. $18k is a lot of money for chinese anything.
    Woodworking, Old Tools and Shooting
    Ray Fine RF-1390 Laser Ray Fine 20watt Fiber Laser
    SFX 50 Watt Fiber Laser
    PM2000, Delta BS, Delta sander, Powermatic 50 jointer,
    Powermatic 100-12 planer, Rockwell 15-126 radial drill press
    Rockwell 46-450 lathe, and 2 Walker Turner RA1100 radial saws
    Jet JWS18, bandsaw Carbide Create CNC, RIA 22TCM 1911s and others

I have a Aeon Mira 5 with a RF laser, running a Rudia controller and Lightburn. I understand the company will fit RF tubes to many of their machines, they also do some machines with both glass tubes for cutting and RF tubes for engraving.
    Shenhui SG350 fitted with a 60w tube.
    Aeon Nova 10 100w tube.
    Aeon Mira 5030 30w RF tube.
    20w Fiber Laser.
    50w Fiber Laser.
    Located in the Isle of Man, which isn't in the UK but almost surrounded by it.

Agreed,,
    18K is a lot for a Chinese laser,, US support or not.

Quote Originally Posted by John Lifer View Post
    But max of 55watts at a pretty premium price for a chinese laser. $18k is a lot of money for chinese anything.

Thanks,
    I'll look into it.

In reality, I could pick up a used Epilog Radius or Helix for $500-2000, Pull the servos, boards, wiring, and power supply,,, Install a Ruida controller,Install new servos/driver boards that work with the Ruida, New PS and charge the Tube for about $3000