Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PM 3520B error code F132

PM 3520B error code F132

Need some help with my PM, had the potentiometer go bad. I replaced it as a terminal had broke off. After putting in a new pot the lathe will not run. Inverter says F132, I've looked at Doc Green's website and several others but nothing leads me to a fix. Any suggestions?

Have you searched the manual for your VFD? My 3520b uses a Delta VFD model VFD015S21U. The manual for this VFD is online.

PM 3520 B.jpgI have not searched for that manual, mine has the same VFD I will look for it. I found this wiring diagram and I believe the wiring to be correct

Thanks, Sam
    Last edited by Sam Force; 02-25-2023 at 7:23 PM. Reason: Add diagram

If you do not have any luck with the manual a call to Delta Group Electronics might help. Even though it is a discontinued product someone there might have an answer.

I looked at the manual on line, and it doesn't list that code.

This is what the VFD shows

error code.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Force View Post
    Need some help with my PM, had the potentiometer go bad. I replaced it as a terminal had broke off. After putting in a new pot the lathe will not run. Inverter says F132, I've looked at Doc Green's website and several others but nothing leads me to a fix. Any suggestions?
    I thought the "Fxxx" code was not an error code but the master frequency (section 4.3 in the Delta VFD-S manual for the S1). Is that frequency somehow out of range preventing the vfd from working? (I'm not where I can look at mine and see what the speed range is.)

After the terminal on the pot broke did you get any code on the back? Is the pot the same size and resistance? Does the pot work correctly, measured with an ohm meter?

I'd probably start by carefully tracing the wiring, look for shorts, etc., measure the voltage. The voltage should change at the right terminal as you rotate the pot. I think the voltage between the pot wiper and control voltage input legs (and also at the proper terminals in the vfd) for that lathe should change from 0 to 10v as it is turned. Be careful, the control voltage is 10v DC but of course there is 220v AC present in the vfd.

JKJ

Getting over my head now, I did not think to check the VFD prior to it not working. The pot is actually 1 a friend had on hand that he had for a Grizzly G0766 3 hp lathe. The PM potentiometer is on back order with no expected by date
    Last edited by Sam Force; 02-25-2023 at 11:51 PM.

Almost guaranteed you have the wrong value pot installed and that is your problem. You should not need a pot from Powermatic but you will need one with the correct values. Once you know the correct values for the pot you should be able to get one at any electronic parts supplier. Mouser and Digikey are two big suppliers.

How to determine the pot values? Where would I begin to look?

Do you still have the old one? If so there may be a product number and brand on it. Post a picture for us to see.

Here is a shot of the pot in my 3520b. Here is a link to the pot in my 3520b.

Note that this model pot comes in various ohms. My original is a B502 indicating a 5k ohm pot. I am guessing your original was the same as mine as you have the same VFD.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Robert Hayward; 02-26-2023 at 11:18 AM.

The only difference is mine says 078C. All the others numbers are exact.
    I really appreciate your help with this, we have a local electrical supply shop I will be visiting tomorrow

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=Rv24yn205...ref=nb_sb_noss

What is your opinion on these? They would maybe get me by if I could not find locally

I provided a link for you to click in my response above. Click the word "Here" in my response above that contains the picture of my pot.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Robert Hayward; 02-26-2023 at 1:46 PM.