Thread: Two for One Dollar

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Two for One Dollar

There is an inch or so of snow on the ground. Candy & I had planned to go to Costco today with a daughter and SIL. Candy didn't feel good so that was postponed. We were out of milk so that was my excuse to drive into town even though it really wasn't enough snow to be plowed and it was 31º upon leaving. What the heck, put it in 4WD and be careful. Not many people out, the store wasn't very crowded.

On my way home it seemed like a good idea to stop at one of the places on my list to check in on occasionally. Their stuff seems to turnover rather often. There was a #4 size Corsair Plane (Made by Great Neck, maybe?). Plastic knob and tote, not interested.

What caught my eye was a pile of scissors. Most were in bad shape. One large pair looked tempting but it needed a lot of TLC.

These were the two that came home with me:

Fiskers LH & Wiss Scissors 2-2023.jpg

The Fiskars had a $1 tag, the Wiss Inlaid din't have a tag. This was mentioned and Mike said how about a dollar for both, twist my arm please.

The Fiskars is just like another pair seem at an estate sale a few years ago. The price was higher. While walking around thinking about it, someone else bought them. A lot of kicking myself over that one, until today.

Why the fuss? It may not be obvious in the picture but the Fiskars pair of scissors is left handed, something on my hunt list for a while.

They both cleaned up well. There was light rust and Scotch tape (looking like it was from Christmas wrapping from 1973) to clean off. There were also some very light nicks in the blades. A light application of stones took care of this. It is nice to have scissors that do not snag on paper when cutting thin paper and tissue.

jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 02-23-2023 at 7:19 PM. Reason: They both cleaned up well…
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)