Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lie-Nielsen Availability

Lie-Nielsen Availability

Good news! I got a note from the Lie-Nielsen mothership that Iron #3 Bench Planes are now available. Order placed. They may not last real long.
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Got one, thanks. Threw in a split nut screwdriver.

Could not buy at 2pm central time. Neither bronze or iron. I am sad, wife is not....

Chris

Yup. Gone almost immediately. I’m glad I looked at my phone. Thankfully I already got a shipping confirmation. Wife forgave me. She’s a good woman.
    Last edited by Rob Luter; 02-22-2023 at 7:52 PM.

I snagged one on Monday. Far as I know, the first ones went up Friday at 4pm est. I think a handful have been in stock every business day around 2 since then. Kind of like the iron skew block, small amount each day. Probably to not overwhelm the shipping department. Question is, why the heck haven’t I gotten an email for any of these? Only snagged the 3 on Monday out of pure neuroticism and paranoia.

Death by more orders than you can fill.

It wouldn't be the first time it happened.

They've had a lot of items popping up in stock lately. They all sell out immediately, but seems like a good sign. I'm sure there's a lot of pent up demand, so it'll be a bit yet before they can actually bank inventory.

When you're drowning in orders, you're praying at the same time about cancellations. You need SOME to cancel, just not too many. It's a weird place to be. It's like starting a new business with some whiz-bang product or service and being immediately inundated. You almost need a bigger firm to come in and buy you out, or partner with you, to provide the resources you need to build product and get the logjam to release. I did make an inquiry about a mortise chisel over a year ago. I was told they would probably be shipping by July -- last July. That's not good.
    Last edited by Charles Guest; 02-23-2023 at 10:40 AM.

I received an in-stock alert today on the #3. Looks like they are working down their email list. based on how many they release each day.

I reached out to them earlier. They're producing about 20 a day each day this week. They post them in batches as they're assembled. It is currently still available as of this posting. I was able to secure mine.

Great to hear that they’re ramping up production again. I’ve been waiting for some items for what seems like forever. Kudos to Lie-Nielsen to be able to weather almost two years of very limited product availability and remain in business. As a relatively small company that is an amazing testament to their business model and loyal customer base, among whom I’m included.

The No. 3 is available as of 10am.

Left click my name for homepage link.

My new #3 arrived yesterday afternoon. After a quick cleaning of everything and honing the blade it was making nice fine shavings. I really like a small smoother for smaller scale and more focused work.

Last edited by Rob Luter; 02-26-2023 at 9:55 AM.

Blog Entries
    Nice Rob, my #3s are often preferred over my larger smoothers.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

My only gripe is that I have rather large hands and the area at the front of the tote is pretty cramped. I can only get my pinky and ring finger in there comfortably. It's a personal problem