Thread: New Chevy Blazer owners

New Chevy Blazer owners

Been looking to purchase something new this spring.
    Have my eye on the new Chevy Blazer. Like to hear opinions from anyone who owns one.
    4cyl vs 6cyl., What real world gas mileage you seeing. Any problems.

I know all about "its not a real Blazer" debate and could care less what a Blazer use to be. Only interested in what it is today.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

My wife has been driving one for a year now, which was a GM certified used, just under 10k and one year old at time of purchase. I've used it for road trips. Lots to like - no complaints. 6cyl seems to be holding a steady 25-26 MPG. Performance mode setting on transmission will put you deep into the seat, so if you're looking for a little "excitement" while you drive, you got it. Very nice, comfortable, good-looking and performing vehicle for us. I'd buy another just like it if it got stolen.

jeff

Dave, just for comparison purposes, my 2020 Ford Explorer Limited with turbo charged 2.0 liter 4-cyl engine averages around 21 to 22 mpg in real world usage on the interstate. I think its a similar sized vehicle as it seats 6 with 3rd row and 2nd row captain chairs. Honestly expected more mpg, and might get it cruising on 55mph roads, but with in town and interstate mixed it hasn't been stellar.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post
    Dave, just for comparison purposes, my 2020 Ford Explorer Limited with turbo charged 2.0 liter 4-cyl engine averages around 21 to 22 mpg in real world usage on the interstate. I think its a similar sized vehicle as it seats 6 with 3rd row and 2nd row captain chairs. Honestly expected more mpg, and might get it cruising on 55mph roads, but with in town and interstate mixed it hasn't been stellar.
    Explorer is bigger.

My wife and I have 2020 Ford Edge crossovers, which is one size class down from the Explorer. Hers has a 2.0L turbocharged Ecoboost engine and gets around 25-26 MPG on the highway. Mine gets about 1 MPG less, but it has a 2.3L turbocharged Ecoboost engine. Hers is a Titanium model, mine is an ST.

My brother had a Ford Escape, and he said it got about 30 MPG on the highway. It was a 2015 model year or so.

Guy at work has a 4cly Turbo Explorer, It is larger than the new Chevy Blazer. The Blazer is only two row seating.
    I also had my Eye on an Explorer but I take care of my mother who is in her 90's and think it would be a little hard for her to get in it. Sits a litter higher. A little is a big deal at her age.
    I drive a 2013 4 cyl Chevy Equinox right now. Without question the best car I have ever owned. Kinda hate to get rid of it but the 10 year extended warranty is up in Aug. I average around 22 miles per gal ( I only drive 3 miles to work) Out on the highway in ECHO mode and cruse control on I can get 32 MPG or higher. I have averaged as high as 38 MPG.
    Looking for something a litter bigger (but not too big) If we go on a trip my mother has an electric scooter, walker . transport chair and oxygen tanks we must take with us. Thats on top of the luggage bag or two. The Equinox handles it all well but dont leave much room for anything else.
    "Remember back in the day, when things were made by hand, and people took pride in their work?"
    - Rick Dale

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Parrish View Post
    My ‘17 Explorer Sport with the 3.5L twin-turbo V6 gets that mileage on the interstate at 80 MPH! And it has lots of ponies in reserve…
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lehnert View Post
    Guy at work has a 4cly Turbo Explorer, It is larger than the new Chevy Blazer. The Blazer is only two row seating.
    I also had my Eye on an Explorer but I take care of my mother who is in her 90's and think it would be a little hard for her to get in it. Sits a litter higher. A little is a big deal at her age.
    I can relate to that. My wife is handicapped and has a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT. It has pretty wide running board and she can get in and out pretty easily. She has more trouble with cars, some are too low for her, her legs are not strong enough to swivel her hips then straighten her legs.