Thread: Drum Sander Repair

Drum Sander Repair

I am having to replace the Velcro Pad on my 26 inch Woodmaster Drum Sander. Does anyone know the correct angle to cut the end of the Velcro Pad. I tried coping the angle on the sand paper but I guess with the Velcro being only 4 inches wide and the sandpaper being 6 inch wide it changes the angle. I am a little afraid just to do trial and error and run out of Velcro pad. Any help or guidance would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Wade, I have the 2675 and, although I haven't needed to replace the velcro yet, the manual shows how to do it.
    Replacing the Velcro Pad
    In the event that the Velcro pad
    should become worn or torn, follow
    this procedure for replacement.
    Note: If the Velcro starts to peel
    up, it can be attached to the drum with
    rubber cement.
    a. Remove the old Velcro pad.
    b. Clean the metal drum.
    Stripeeze varnish remover is an
    excellent solvent for cleaning the drum.
    c. Cut the replacement velcro strip on
    a diagonal, as shown below:
    velcro cut.jpg

And you are right about the sandpaper being a different angle. The manual shows that cut to be 19 1/4".

I don’t have a owners manual anymore and could not look that up. Thanks so much for the help. Now I can get that up and running today.

Glad I could help. If I recall correctly, Woodmaster does not show access to electronic versions of their manuals on their website. And I always try to get one for any major tools/machines that I purchase. So when I ordered mine back then I asked if they could send me one via email so I could familiarize myself with the machine before it arrived. I don't believe we can attach files, like a pdf, in our Private Messaging but if you care to PM me with your email address I would be happy to send you the pdf copy of the manual.

Good to know !!!!