Thread: Using an older UDD on a newer Festool CT26

Using an older UDD on a newer Festool CT26

Hi all,

I have a CT22 that I have used an UDD on for over 10 years. l am retiring at the end of the year and am replacing a few of my older tools now while I have money ;-) I just received a CT26 Hepa vac and began assembly last night. It appears I my have some difficulty mounting my older UDD on the new vac. To that end I called Oneida and was told there is only one UDD bucket so this one should fit my new CT26. He sent me the instructions to modify the lugs on the UDD case to fit a mini or midi which I may need to do but it looks the the front and rear locks on the CT 22 are on the lefty side and the front rear locks on the CT26 are on the right. Flipping the case 180 degrees would fix it but I would need a longer tube to attach the suction to keep the interior bag open. I obviously taking the UDD off and sitting it on the 26 would give me more info but I would rather have a plan in place before I disassemble my CT22 setup as it is central to my shop. Ha anyone here mount a UDD on a new CT26 and if so what modifications did you need to make? A pic or two would be great!

Thanks
    Jack

Jack, my CT26e is about 6 or 7 years old now. Has the design changed? The UDD fits without modifications …

Regards from Perth

Derek

Thanks Derek! Your hose garage looks like mine so hopefully my UDD will fit like your does.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Cohen View Post
    Jack, my CT26e is about 6 or 7 years old now. Has the design changed? The UDD fits without modifications …

Regards from Perth

Derek

Why get rid of the CT22? Mine runs just as good as ever.

Mine too...

Not getting rid of it, moving to the garage ;-)

Jack

My CT22 soldiers on, too. But I see no harm in you "reassigning" yours and getting a shiny new tool. From a practical standpoint, there have now been enough changes over the years to how Systainers and CT accessories attach and are made available that folks who want to use those abilities are better served by considering an upgrade for the extractor. If I decide I want to go that route in the new shop, I'll probably pick up a more current one for that very reason and dedicate the older CT22 to "something".
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 02-21-2023 at 10:46 AM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

After further review the UDD does not attach to the new CT26. The locks that show on the front of the CT26 pictured above are on the left side and the front/rear locks ar on the right where there are no tabs on the UDD.

Jack

you could (potentially) order part #204040 and swap out the garages to get a unit like Derek's.

It'd require a call to tech or service to verify that the mounts are the same though. They should be.

https://ekat.festool.de/login2/app?_...044FCE28E6056D

So where do you get the bags for your UDD?

Can you take the garage off the 22 and put it on the 26?

Jim Ive been emptying them as to not deal with that question. When my DC is full I mask up and dump the UDD into the DC bin and through it on the quad and drive to the back of the property. Then I open the garage doors and get out the blower. Run the air filter for a few hours before taking off mask or getting back to work

My CT22 does not have a garage.

Quote Originally Posted by George Yetka View Post
    Can you take the garage off the 22 and put it on the 26?

Jim Ive been emptying them as to not deal with that question. When my DC is full I mask up and dump the UDD into the DC bin and through it on the quad and drive to the back of the property. Then I open the garage doors and get out the blower. Run the air filter for a few hours before taking off mask or getting back to work