Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: JessEm’s Pow-R-Tek SR

JessEm’s Pow-R-Tek SR

When I first saw the product announcement from JessEm I knew I wanted it. I have the Incra router table with Cleansweep dust box and had previously had some issues with dust buildup in my previous JessEm router motor that I order at the time I ordered the Incra table. In order to accommodate the air intake and exhaust hoses I had to eliminate the Cleansweep box and ended up cutting out the bottom to use the blastgate. Now that it is completed I really like the new setup and the two hose provide clean air to the router motor.
    9CF5B542-EFE6-4973-A9D4-DA8ADF6CA2AA.jpgE9643756-9542-4629-B947-135C0DAAF298.jpgC07B1A23-F2CD-4FE0-88D2-F2771E790A69.jpgA04681FD-46AC-426B-AA06-421849AFBDA1.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi Pat,

I am seriously considering this as a router motor for my new router table. Since you already took the plunge, can you answer a couple question?

1. Is the power cord permanently attached to the router motor? Or can we unplug it? The reason I ask is that I will typically pull my router out of the table and use the table as a down-draft system when doing other hand-held routing or drilling that produces a lot of dust.

2. The two cooling hoses attached to the motor - are they both exhaust? Or is one intake and the other exhaust?

3. What is the lowest RPM this will run at?

Thanks!

Aaron, the power cord is permanently attached to the router motor, but you could pull the whole cord out. Of the two hose one is the intake and the other the exhaust, you can feel the suction on the intake. I will have to double check the lowest rpm tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Inami View Post
    Hi Pat,

I am seriously considering this as a router motor for my new router table. Since you already took the plunge, can you answer a couple question?

1. Is the power cord permanently attached to the router motor? Or can we unplug it? The reason I ask is that I will typically pull my router out of the table and use the table as a down-draft system when doing other hand-held routing or drilling that produces a lot of dust.

2. The two cooling hoses attached to the motor - are they both exhaust? Or is one intake and the other exhaust?

3. What is the lowest RPM this will run at?

Thanks!
    Arron this may help with your 2nd question?

https://jessem.com/products/copy-of-...-guide-bushing
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Lowest rpm was 9,540
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks, Pat!!

I received mine this past week and just did a test install in my new Master Lift. This is an almost perfect motor in my opinion but so far my only complaint is that as soon as you plug in the power to the controller it turns on. I would prefer to have an in line switch or a toggle to turn the controller on then have the start and stop buttons only be active after that switch was employed. Also it was not made abundantly clear that you need to order the air flow ducts and their mounting parts as a separate kit. That should have been a drop-down menu option on the order page. I had to place a second order after receiving the motor for the air flow kit and pay extra for having two shipments.

The cord is definitely intended to be permanently attached
    IMG_7129.jpg

The slow start is very nice and the speed control is exceptionally smooth. I am very excited to use this motor. It is mounted to the Master lift which is mounted to the Harvey router table extension. I also ordered a Harvey router fence and dust collection box. Hopefully my dream router table set up works as well as I imagined.

IMG_7131.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Wheeler View Post
    This is an almost perfect motor in my opinion but so far my only complaint is that as soon as you plug in the power to the controller it turns on.
    I would contact Jessem. It sounds like you got a defective unit because one of the features on the control box is the "0 volt release", which means if you lose A/C power, the router will not automatically start up again when power is restored.

I would contact Jessem. It sounds like you got a defective unit because one of the features on the control box is the "0 volt release", which means if you lose A/C power, the router will not automatically start up again when power is restored.
    Sorry for the confusion, the motor does not start when plugged in but what I was being critical of is that the control unit stays on as long as it is plugged in. The motor will only start when you push the green button but the led display stays on always and attracts attention and maybe from an unsuspecting little one.

Ah okay. It appears to be acting like a VFD would. VFDs will power up and never turn off as long as you have them plugged in.

Ah okay. It appears to be acting like a VFD would. VFDs will power up and never turn off as long as you have them plugged in.
    It is a VFD, you may as well buy a CNC spindle & VFD which is way more robust and versatile, probably cheaper and a water cooled one is so quite you literally have trouble hearing it when it is running.
    Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening

Thanks for the idea, Chris. I briefly looked into it. The water-cooled system would not be my preference because I would want to remove the spindle/router-plate from the table at any time to use the router table as a "down-draft" for doing other operations. Also, water cooled might be quiet, but then you have to deal with the loud annoying fan from the VFD.

Thanks for the idea, Chris. I briefly looked into it. The water-cooled system would not be my preference because I would want to remove the spindle/router-plate from the table at any time to use the router table as a "down-draft" for doing other operations. Also, water cooled might be quiet, but then you have to deal with the loud annoying fan from the VFD.
    Not all the VFD's have that problem and the ones that do are easily fixed for a few dollars.

Chris

Everything I like is either illegal, immoral or fattening