Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Spyderco Medium Grit?

Thanks Derek. looks like https://www.japanesetools.com.au/col...p.vendor=Sigma carries them in Australia

Thanks!

Regards from Perth

Derek

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Schussheim View Post
    Clayton, how are you liking the Norton Ascent ultrafine? I've been looking to replace my set of lapping films with two finishing stones, sigma power selects , norton ascent or spyderco ceramic.

Derek, are you still using the spydercos in your sharpening system?
    Hi Peter, I’m enjoying the Ascent Ultrafine. I would say it’s definitely still breaking in and I hope it gets a little bit finer. The only other finishing stone I have experience with is a Shapton Glass 8K. At this point, I think the Shapton is finer. Even though they are both leaving a nice polish, the Ascent raises a much bigger burr and I almost always need to go to the strop to work it off. I freehand sharpen and one thing I really like about the Ascent is that I can really feel and hear when I’m sharpening at the edge. It’s like the stone resonates when I’m at the edge. It’s a little slower than the Shapton but not by too much. FYI, I’m not the most experienced so take all this with a grain of salt!