Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wanna scare the fertilizer outta yourself?

I’m going to suspect he's "self-taught."

I’ve done consulting work in Turkey - right after they announced their version of "the end of martial law.”

Very agreeable people who rarely had safety provisions in place - they’d nod and smile and just go back to doing what they’d been doing.

Even though you said it was bad, I wasn't prepared to see that level of stupidity, twice over. To his credit, that guy must be very focused when he does that as he still has all his digits. For now. I noticed there was no guard on the back of the sled either, but why would I think there would be.

John

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Rosenberg View Post
    ...I’ve done consulting work in Turkey - right after they announced their version of "the end of martial law.”..
    Did you notice what language the title of that YT video is in? ("Ahşap pergel yapımı / Making wooden compass")

only watched a bit, what I saw shot at an angle so you cant see how close he is. Hes trying to get a rise out of you like cabinet girl or whatever those you tubes were called.

If you want to take something different out of that that has value that is don't pull your material back across a cutter, any cutter, saw shaper whatever. You see people do that all the time. The material has been machined, its done and past the cutter other side remove it. Not the most obvious thing to comment on but a good time to mention it again, in this case even more so with all else going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Rutherford View Post
    Did you notice what language the title of that YT video is in? ("Ahşap pergel yapımı / Making wooden compass")
    I thought it was how to use your tablesaw to give yourself a mamicure.

manicures are best done on the edge sander

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Lake View Post
    manicures are best done on the edge sander
    What grit do you use?

Depends. If its been a high crime week ill likely use 80 grit. Then I can do my nails and if the Mounties show up I have no finger prints.

Another case where you are left just shaking your head and sarcastically asking What could possibly go wrong? Yikes.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Rutherford View Post
    Yes, that's Turkish - they used Arabic lettering until they lost the Ottoman Empire because of WWI. It was their modernizing influence, Kemal Ataturk, who moved the whole language onto English letters.

They use letters with little tails for complex sounds rather than combine letters as we do. For example, the word above, Ahşap, is pronounced Ashap with a soft "A" similar to Persian.
    Howard Rosenberg

The guy should do a series of videos titled "A boy and his Bosch". Where he shows all the different tools you can make using a Bosch GKS 190.

In this one he makes himself a miter saw out of a hinge and some scraps of melamine covered particle board.

In this one he makes the actual "table saw" shown in the above video.

Maybe if his fingers hold out he can make himself a track saw and/or a radial arm saw.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Fist of all, thanks for the queasy feeling in my stomach .
    This is exactly why YT is not good for woodworking overall.
    As it's been mentioned, someone will watch this, mimic it and get hurt, it did get 141 likes after all.
    I disagree that he's self taught because he hasn't learned anything, must have a bad teacher.

Unfortunately, it's easier to find this type of video than it is to find an Ishitani or Mr Chickadee.

When I saw the ring I thought he is wearing it so others will recognize his finger when they are sweeping up after the ambulance leaves. Give it to his wife or child as a memento.
    BilL D