Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wanna scare the fertilizer outta yourself?

Wanna scare the fertilizer outta yourself?

The 1:50 minute mark - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDA33hUM-kE

My stomach just about folds up in knots .....
    Howard Rosenberg

I love how the rip blade is so high above the work pieces, not to mention being used for crosscut. At least chip clearance isn't a problem.

Blog Entries
    What-the-who-da-how-da-jumpin-bingo!!!

And when he gets cut it will be another tablesaw "accident". Sheesh! If I drive my car into a bridge abutment that is not an "accident".
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Not sure what is more amazing, that he still has all his fingers or that he thinks this video should be posted. Obviuosly none of the filters on Youtube are designed to screen out dangerous woodworking videos. The video even has 139 likes, yikes.

As it says in the comments:

Bon travail mais ...ATTENTION LES DOIGTS !

I went right to 1:50... omg ...I could only watch about 3 seconds before I almost lost my dinner (I had just eaten).

Not...taking...the...bait...
    Sharp solves all manner of problems.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Rosenberg View Post
    The 1:50 minute mark - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDA33hUM-kE

My stomach just about folds up in knots .....
    He does something even dumber at the 3:50 point in the video.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

That video is brutal. Seeing that hand holding the stock on a semi sled and doing whatever with fingertips was no big deal, just fingers that could go whoop whoop whoop.

But the wedding ring. PTSD comes flooding back, bad life altering decisions I have made, lies I have been told, lies that I told, money I wasted, the children I brought into this world that can not be put back, the bouquet toss that landed in a brides maid's eye causing her to lose her eye, right there on the dance floor, for everyone to see, but her, she had just lost an eye, but the band played on. The night I left in a huff because her "friend from work" was too friendly, I gave him a bloody nose, and she put all my green Festool stuff on Craig's list "Free Tonight!!!" gone gone gone.

Quote Originally Posted by William Hodge View Post

But the wedding ring. PTSD comes flooding back, bad life altering decisions I have made, lies I have been told, lies that I told, money I wasted, the children I brought into this world that can not be put back, the bouquet toss that landed in a brides maid's eye causing her to lose her eye, right there on the dance floor, for everyone to see, but her, she had just lost an eye, but the band played on. The night I left in a huff because her "friend from work" was too friendly, I gave him a bloody nose, and she put all my green Festool stuff on Craig's list "Free Tonight!!!" gone gone gone.
    Gee Warren, I’m sorry that marriage has been hard on you, particularly the loss of your green tools! But you are among friends here so your venting hopefully will be accepted and therapeutic for you.

How does that guy have any fingers left? Downright irresponsible to post something like that. I mean, common sense should prevent a novice from trying something like that but then (some) folks think, well he did it so... and yes, 3:50 was even worse than 1:50.

I don't normally comment on YT, but this was an exception.
    Rick Potter

DIY journeyman,
    FWW wannabe.
    AKA Village Idiot.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Kopfer View Post
    Gee Warren, I’m sorry that marriage has been hard on you, particularly the loss of your green tools! But you are among friends here so your venting hopefully will be accepted and therapeutic for you.
    More inventing than venting.

I have worked in shops for many years. Seeing people do dangerous stupid stuff requires an intentionally relaxed attitude. The hardest part is not saying "I told you so!" when someone makes a mess out of their hands, after years of stunt cuts. I was the one that kept the first aid kit stocked. People don't bleed out from a finger off, as far as I know. These wood shop videos look bad, but it's nothing compared to what soldiers dealt with all the time in Iraq and Afghanistan. So, don't get anxious when people make videos of stunt cuts, it's just a shop, they are making bad choices.

How can you make a comparison between service men and women in a hazardous environment and a piece of media that will potentially hurt a viewer? What he's doing is just nuts and there's only a matter of time until he has an accident. Thereafter, his media will still be available on yt...

Being that people use youtube to learn, someone might follow suit and lose a finger or get kickback. I reported this post to youtube with comments as the the dangers involved in this video.
    Distraction could lead to dismemberment!