Thread: WTB Woodpeckers aluminum rotor lift twist lock rings

WTB Woodpeckers aluminum rotor lift twist lock rings

Does anyone have a set of Woodpeckers aluminum twist lock rings for the WP rotor lift that they are looking to sell ? From what I can see on the web site, they no longer have the aluminum ones for sale.

I do....but only if I get a new router lift! I did look around recently for the value of them and they don't seem to make them any longer, and I have not seen a set on eBay for ages. I know they were more than the plastic ones when new but the aluminum is waaay better.
    Send me a PM with your email and if I find a new router lift and plate I'll let you know.
    Jay

PM sent. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Houghton View Post
    I do....but only if I get a new router lift! I did look around recently for the value of them and they don't seem to make them any longer, and I have not seen a set on eBay for ages. I know they were more than the plastic ones when new but the aluminum is waaay better.
    Send me a PM with your email and if I find a new router lift and plate I'll let you know.
    Jay
    Why are the aluminum ones better? I have the plastic ones, have had them for approx 5 years, use the table a lot and they work fine.
    George

Making sawdust regularly, occasionally a project is completed.

Quote Originally Posted by George Bokros View Post
    Why are the aluminum ones better? I have the plastic ones, have had them for approx 5 years, use the table a lot and they work fine.
    I also have the plastic set and have never had trouble with them. Although I remember asking if I could buy the aluminum set back when making the buy. Still do not know why I thought I wanted the aluminum ones. I bought my WP complete setup at the Tampa woodworking show.

My son in law bought the WP complete set up also, which came with plastic ones. While we were building our home, he has been storing and using my set up, which has an older WP lift with aluminum rings. He really likes the aluminum ones and thought they would hold up better. Glad to hear that you have had no issues with the plastic ones - I will pass that on, but I still think he would be interested in getting the aluminum ones if possible.

<bump>

Just in case anyone may have a set gathering some dust. 😃

Thanks to a creeker that had one he was willing to part with !

Thanks