Thread: Green Comet

Blog Entries

Green Comet

Last night we had clear skies where I live and where my son lives. He sent me this photo last night about 9:20.
    image000000.png.jpg
    The bright spot is Mars. Directly below it you can see the green comet. It isn't very bright, but is visible using 10X binoculars. With some guidance from my son I was able to go out in our backyard and see the comet as well.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

That's pretty neat. I havent seen it myself yet. Thanks!
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

Yes, the local TV News has been clear to point out that the timing of the green comet and the Eagles being in the Super Bowl is an interesting coincidence. LOL
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

It's been either too cloudy or too full of a moon to see much of anything around here. I'm not very good at setting up my telescope so I need to see Polaris to set it up correctly so the one time I could see it visually I wasn't able to actually get a nice picture of it.

Will drag out the big reflector telescope and look for the green comet next clear sky. We see lines of satellites in the sky quite often, very straight, must have ‘lasers’.
    ​You can do a lot with very little! You can do a little more with a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by William Fretwell View Post
    …We see lines of satellites in the sky quite often, very straight, must have ‘lasers’.
    Those lines are probably Musk’s SpaceX satellite launches, we’ve seen them here. They are in a straight line after deployment but are then moved to the intended orbits. Fun to watch.

But they are annoying dark sky pollution to astronomers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    Yes, the local TV News has been clear to point out that the timing of the green comet and the Eagles being in the Super Bowl is an interesting coincidence. LOL
    And there's also the fact that Comet cleanser is green.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Tashiro View Post
    And there's also the fact that Comet cleanser is green.
    LOL! That was my mother's favorite.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...