Thread: FYA ... Installing Wynn Dust Filter on My Oneida V3000

FYA ... Installing Wynn Dust Filter on My Oneida V3000

I just installed a Wynn filter on my Oneida V3000 Cyclone. I made a modification to the J-hooks to hang the new Wynn filter to the Oneida dust inlet plate. Thought I'd post this info here to help anyone else who wants to install a new filter on their V3000. I've had my V3000 for 10 years; have taken the original Oneida filter outside several times and tapped on the sides of the filter element to knock off the accumulated dust from the filter pleats. However, after 10 years, the filter element material is breaking down and in need of replacement.

I exchanged emails with Dick Wynn before buying my new Wynn Filter and he helped me to confirm the Wynn 13R230NANO filter would be right for my V3000. He also recommended I use the Wynn WMK 13-inch bag at the bottom of the filter element to collect dust in lieu of the Oneida J-hook dust bin. I went with his recommendation and my system is up and running ... no leaks ... ~0.2 inches water static pressure in the filter inlet for all my woodworking machines ... and noticeably better suction at each of my machine dust collection ports. I am pleased.

Have posted some photos to help anyone else who would like to replace their V3000 dust filters. The Oneida filters come with an ~1/2 inch horizontal flange under the filter top metal ring for the J-hooks to hook underneath. The Wynn filters do not have such a flat surface to hook underneath. So, I ground a flat blade (like on flat blade screwdriver) on the tip of the four supporting Oneida J-hooks; dimpled the filter metal ring outward a little; depressed the filter metal cage inward a little; then was able to insert the flat blade end of the J-hook up and into the recess on the inside of the Wynn filter top ring. The J-hooks are angled outward a bit (see photos), but appear to be well secured to the filter assembly.

So, happy to have the new filter installed … snug fit in my space-constrained dust collection corner of my workshop.

Regards,

Tom

Cropped Wynn Filter.jpgJ-Hook2.jpgJ-Hook1.jpg
    Last edited by Tom Hartranft; 02-11-2023 at 2:23 PM.

Looks like a nice replacement. I always forget that those folks are local to me...judging by their website, they have really grown over the years!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Hi Tom, has this continued to work well for you over the past year? I'm dusting off my old V-3000 to set it up in a new shop and plan on buying a new filter. I'm leaning Wynn over Oneida currently. I want to buy some flex pipe from Wynn as well.

Blog Entries
    Be aware that the Oneida filters are HEPA rated but the Wynn cyclone filters are not. So if you use one, be sure to wear your respirator.

Thanks for pointing this out. I was looking at the '13" x 39" C-Rated Spunbond Cartridge Filter' from Oneida that popped up when I searched the model # of my old V-3000. The Wynn seems superior to that at a lower price point. It should be easy to modify to use the slightly shorter Oneida HEPA filter.

Denis ... Ref "has this continued to work well for you over the past year?"

Yes. I monitor static pressure on six inch diameter inlet pipe to V3000 and static pressure at inlet of Wynn Filter. No change in these two performance indicators during past year of hobbyist use. I continue to be happy with the Wynn filter in my dust collection system.

Tom