Thread: Kudos to Wixey

Kudos to Wixey

I added a Powermatic planer to my collection in November last year. I received a Wixey planer digital readout for Christmas. I installed it probably first week in January roughly. All was good for a couple weeks. Then I noticed the numbers didn't change on the readout when adjusting. Initially thought it was an issue with the pickup. It physically looked fine and manually moving the pickup up and down the slider did nothing. After trying different batteries I reached out to Wixey. Barry Wixey responded and asked a few questions. I took a photo of how the readout looked and sent to him. He asked for my address and said he would send me some parts. USPS finally got them here after almost a week. They came yesterday and I installed this morning. Replacement readout and pickup head. Problem solved! It's so nice to deal with a company that still does things right. With customer service being so unheard of these days this was a pleasant experience. I know they aren't a huge company but they deserve recognition and if they have something you are considering buying please give them the business.

I had the same experience a few months ago. Top notch company!