Thread: Anyone Else Using UCCNC?

Anyone Else Using UCCNC?

Switching over from Mach4 to UCCNC, seems simple to set up and none of the little hidden tricks you have to learn. All laid out in a logical format. Time will tell if I stick with it.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Yes - very happy with it, converted my AVID PRO 4896 to use it. No regrets. Did a custom X/Y/Z homing macro, happy to share if interested.

Josh, was it very difficult? I have a friend with an Avid Pro and would like to be able to customize it much the way I can with my WinCNC setup on my ShopSabre. I think UCCNC looks to be the best out there for being easy to use and highly flexible.

Actually 5 years ago I apparently wrote up my conversion! See here: https://www.cnczone.com/forums/avid-...-software.html - can try to answer questions.

Awesome, thanks! I'll check it out.

I am just about done with my conversion to UCCNC and the UC400ETH, getting the Homing right is the challenge now. I do also need to add a Homing switch for my A axis to do the auto squaring automatically. None of the little tricks you need to do with the Mach series, pretty straight forward and logical.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10