Thread: Composite Fasteners

Composite Fasteners

I use them for my CNC as holddowns - work great for that purpose (assuming you're ok shooting plastic nails into spoil areas of your part). They have been out for many years - or am I misunderstanding your question?

It's been "on my list" for a long time for the same application as Josh mentions...hold down on my CNC which will reduce my use of screws. It's not an inexpensive solution, but worthy functionally. It's been available for a number of years, but I suspect it's getting more and more attention because of the growth of CNC in small shops where vacuum isn't necessarily available due to cost.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

We used them at work for the cnc. Sometimes they would break if the wood was really hard but in general they work great. The added advantage is they won't spark in a sander into the dust collector.

I know they've been out for years, they are now becoming more main stream.
    I'm pretty sure not everyone knows these things exists. Just like there are wooden nails you can use in a nailgun, https://www.beck-fastening.com/en/innovation/lignoloc

Just putting it out there to see what others think about composites used in this way.

Quote Originally Posted by Edward Weber View Post
    I know they've been out for years, they are now becoming more main stream.
    I'm pretty sure not everyone knows these things exists. Just like there are wooden nails you can use in a nailgun, https://www.beck-fastening.com/en/innovation/lignoloc

Just putting it out there to see what others think about composites used in this way.
    Thanks for posting Edward. I wasn't aware of these.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher