Thread: Timber Wolf veneer/resaw blade

Timber Wolf veneer/resaw blade

My Olson 1/2" 3 tpi blade for my Delta 14" wandered in the cut when I used it to resaw 4" wide oak strips 2 days ago so I pulled a 1/2" blade from Timber Wolf (Suffolk Machinery) described as a new issue. It is a 3/4 tooth variable pitch blade from standard thickness .025" blade stock, designed for veneer cutting and resawing. I had bought it in July 2022 for veneer cutting but had not used it. The veneer cut by the Olsen blade had required a lot of hand finishing with a cabinet scraper because of prominent blade striations.
    The Timber Wolf blade did not wander in the resaw. When I separated the pieces I found one surface to be smooth to touch and the mating piece to have minimal visible/tactile striations I'm sure I could remove with hand-sanding. The blade gave me the same performance on my second 26" oak board. To me, it was satisfaction of the resaw-envy I have felt when I'd read of heavier saws with carbide-tipped blades cutting veneer. It may not be exactly the same but it sure works for me at a price of $26 plus priority mail. I cannot speak to longevity but as a 78 yo guy with little longevity left I ordered another blade to have on my shelf.

It's a very satisfying feeling when your bandsaw cuts straight and true. I have one of those heavier saws with a carbide tipped blade but I also have a 14" Delta. The Delta gets used for 90% of the things I cut on the bandsaw. Don't get me wrong, if I could only have one, it would be the bigger saw. But the point is you can do a lot with that 14" Delta; it used to be my only saw, and I cut all manner of things on it, including 10" wide veneer.

Glad the Timberwolf blade cut well for you.

John

I put a Timberwolf blade on my 10” Rikon BS after trying 2 other brands. Like you, it cuts straighter and cleaner by far.