Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sliding Table Saw Hold-downs / Clamps

Sliding Table Saw Hold-downs / Clamps

Recently I got my local Woodcraft's circular in the mail and I saw this:

61kGT7BfqzL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

I really don't like the slider clamps that came with my Minimax SC-4, so I bought a couple. They are far superior to the Minimax clamps, IMHO, and very nice quality for the price. They come with a variety of pieces for various sizes of T-track, from standard 7/16" (1/4-20 heads) to 1 1/8", which is what I need for my sliding table. I especially like the adjustment crank at the back.

I have seen homemade versions of this on Sawmill Creek, but never a commercial product. I'm very excited to have found this!

Here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09Z74DR5P

These are great bang for the buck, I have a couple. The only downside is the lack of autoadjust but you get the great pricepoint.

Their bases are nice and can be used on the more expensive Kreg autoadjust if desired or utilized around the shop for jigs etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Stiefel View Post
    These are great bang for the buck, I have a couple. The only downside is the lack of autoadjust but you get the great pricepoint.

Their bases are nice and can be used on the more expensive Kreg autoadjust if desired or utilized around the shop for jigs etc.
    Yup. These are about 1/2 the price of the Kreg autoadjust. I find the autoadjust is hit or miss and I actually don't like it. I would rather have the crank.

I hadn't thought about using them in a jig but the extra base pieces would definitely make that easy. Guess I will be getting a couple more.

This looks great but wish it had the Kreg auto adjust feature. I have several Kreg clamps, they even replaced my Veritas hold downs using base adaptors to make them work in 3/4” bench dogs. I wonder if all the hardware (minus the clamp itself) would work with Kreg clamps and available separately…

I do believe it is compatible as I have seen others say it did work. Although I can't verity with 100% certainty as I don't have the Kreg clamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Martin View Post
    This looks great but wish it had the Kreg auto adjust feature. I have several Kreg clamps, they even replaced my Veritas hold downs using base adaptors to make them work in 3/4” bench dogs. I wonder if all the hardware (minus the clamp itself) would work with Kreg clamps and available separately…

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Martin View Post
    i just checked - the screw on the base of the Kreg Automaxx clamps and these Milescraft clamps are the same size and thread pitch. Maybe contact Milescraft and see if they would offer just the base and other pieces without the clamp? I would buy a couple of sets.

They, do, here is a link, 10 bucks

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W Evans View Post
    i just checked - the screw on the base of the Kreg Automaxx clamps and these Milescraft clamps are the same size and thread pitch. Maybe contact Milescraft and see if they would offer just the base and other pieces without the clamp? I would buy a couple of sets.

Great! Thanks!

I see they also have a smaller clamp (3" vs 6") as well.

That’s great. Thanks for the link. Ordered one.

I have a couple of the Kreg clamps and will have to see what I can do to adapt them for use on the slider wagon. I don't mind the cam clamps in a huge way, but do like the auto-adjusting clamp feature of the Kreg clamps I have. (they came in the boxes with the two Kreg horses I bought)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Does anyone know if they fit Felder sliding table slot?
    There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

Yup. Kyle turned me onto these as well. The Milescraft base kit come with a large T-Slot insert and it fits the Felder K700 tables perfectly.

Now only if we could find a miter gauge that fit the Felder X-roll table.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian W Evans View Post
    I find the autoadjust is hit or miss and I actually don't like it.
    Agreed. Maybe I've just never had a functional set but I never use my kreg autoadjust clamps since they are so terribly unreliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bain View Post
    Does anyone know if they fit Felder sliding table slot?
    Adapting to a specific slot size isn't that hard...I made sticks of material out of oak that precisely fit the tee slot in my SCM/Minimax wagon so I could use hold-downs and fixtures attached to the wagon. Someone more skilled with metal than me could do the same with aluminum or steel.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I did as Jim mentioned. I had my old well loved Incra that I had on my trusty Griz. I plowed a new slot through and secured on a piece on a scrap. I am as fond of the Incra as the day I got it I think about 20 yrs ago.

On a side note I honestly still prefer to rip thin strips on a traditional TS which I don't have, so sad

Mitre i.jpg

Mitre.jpg