Thread: Cast in Stone

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Cast in Stone

I've always known that my laser would engrave marble but recently I visited Stonecrest Etching, a web site that is owned by George Skinner and I decided to try engraving black marble. George has recently joined SawMill Creek and does some woodworking as well as laser engraving.

The picture below was taken by Jamie Hayes of Hayes and Fisk-Taylor Photography in Richmond Virginia. This particular picture is very special, Jamie won the "Kodak Elite Award" in New York last year for this beautiful photograph. The original is a black and white photo of a father and daughter titled "peek-a-boo".

Sadly my photography doesn't do this engraving justice but the next time I visit their studio I'm sure that Jamie or Mary Fisk-Taylor will photograph this marble tile engraving for my web site. Both Mary and Jamie are Master Photographers, their web site is at www.jhayes.com if anyone needs the services of a photographer and you are looking for a nationally recognized professional get in touch with them.

This photo will never fade, won't burn and can be placed outside in the weather. The phrase Cast in Stone has new meaning these days.
    Attached Images Attached Images