Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Easily Adjustable Drill Press Stop?

Grizzly also sells a quill stop that is heavy duty.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Grizzly also sells a quill stop that is heavy duty.
    I haven’t priced them in over 20 years but I bet Grizzly is less expensive. I have one on my drill press and one on a flip stop for the cutoff saw.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Peters View Post
    https://www.icai-online.com/educated-nut/

Great tool. Well machined, reliable, simple, easy to use, non-slip. Practically standard on thousands of Bridgeports and drill presses.
    Don,
    that looks the same as my Morton Quill Stops and about what I paid over 30 years ago.

Blog Entries
    I’ll tell you what I’ve been wanting for a long time. I want a way to keep the drill press bed from rotating around the post. Let’s say I set up a fence and some flip stops for repeated holes. Then I realize that I need to raise or lower the fence. I can do that but then I have to recheck the flip stops and fence distance. It doesn’t happen very often and when it does, I clamp the rack to the post (top and bottom) and call it good. It would be nice to maybe have a way to pin the rack into place. Hmmm… maybe I just answered my own question…

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Feeley View Post
    I’ll tell you what I’ve been wanting for a long time. I want a way to keep the drill press bed from rotating around the post. Let’s say I set up a fence and some flip stops for repeated holes. Then I realize that I need to raise or lower the fence. I can do that but then I have to recheck the flip stops and fence distance. It doesn’t happen very often and when it does, I clamp the rack to the post (top and bottom) and call it good. It would be nice to maybe have a way to pin the rack into place. Hmmm… maybe I just answered my own question…
    An Indexed or indexable jig for a pillar drill, you're talking about.
    Have another read through the thread Roger.

All the best
    Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Feeley View Post
    Roger. if you got your fence aligned where you want it and then put a 3/8 drilled hole through your drill press table, then you could put a long piece of drill rod into the drill chuck and align hole in table so drill rod runs through the hole as you raise the table, the table should stay aligned.

Quote Originally Posted by michael langman View Post
    Roger. if you got your fence aligned where you want it and then put a 3/8 drilled hole through your drill press table, then you could put a long piece of drill rod into the drill chuck and align hole in table so drill rod runs through the hole as you raise the table, the table should stay aligned.
    Seems like you missed my earlier post too Michael.
    The problem with your comment is changing the bit, and needing the table outta the way, and a longer rod dropped down from the head, would get in the way of the button,
    and the arm.

Regards
    Tom