Thread: UV Blocker for a table top finish

UV Blocker for a table top finish

Hi,

I picked up a big slab of curly Box Elder yesterday with beautiful red streaking. This will be used for a kitchen table top. I understand that it will fade to brown eventually but I would like to slow it down as much as possible.

My choice would be General Finishes High Performance for the top. At first I was thinking I could mix something like Permachink's UV Boost in to the high performance.

https://www.permachink.com/products/wood-finishes/uv-boost

However, I couldn't find any info about mixing that into a poly. I generally like oil finishes but I think I'd prefer the clear of a water base for this piece of wood. I'm open to any suggestions though.

Thanks,

Travis

For compatibility research, it's not a "poly"...it's a waterborne finish...so that's the way you need to pose the question to the folks at Permachink.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

No idea about Permachink, but I do know that SW's Kem Aqua Plus has a dual UV system. One component retards UV damage to the finish, the other retards changes to the underlying wood. It's designed exactly for the purpose you are asking about.

John