Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My favorite shop product is…

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Hann View Post
    Ditto on the double sided tape and digital calipers (obviously we have a toss-up situation here )
    I also use my digital calipers a great deal and probably more often than double sided tape and painters tape.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

Rattle can Bullseye and mineral oil are always at hand. Masonry string and Lufkin folding rule for tools.
    Jim
    Last edited by James Pallas; 02-03-2023 at 8:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Schierer View Post
    I also use my digital calipers a great deal and probably more often than double sided tape and painters tape.
    I use the calipers lots and lots, the DS tape not so often; but when you DO need it, it really fills the bill.

Drafting brush - one by each machine - and my 6" Starrett square. And I use the bench horses on every project just about.
    Stand for something, or you'll fall for anything.

+3 or +4 for digital calipers. I use them a ton.

Veritas saddle marker would be high on the list too.
    - After I ask a stranger if I can pet their dog and they say yes, I like to respond, "I'll keep that in mind" and walk off
    - It's above my pay grade. Mongo only pawn in game of life.

The door knob. I use it everytime I go into the shop. Also the door and really the doorframe where I walk through. the wall.
    Bill D

One of my favorites are these Utilitas Hook Rules from LV. LINK They are graduated in 16ths, which suits me. On one side, the scale starts (from zero) at the hook. On the other side, the scale starts at the other end. It's astonishing to me how useful that feature is for the work I do.

Another favorite are my double squares, especially the 4". Someone here on SMC recommended that I try one - now I have several.

Finally, another surprisingly useful gadget is my LV miniature block plane. This thing is about an inch long and is very handy. LINK (At $44 it's pricey though.)
    Last edited by Frederick Skelly; 02-04-2023 at 1:09 PM.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

“If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”

I would have to say my optivisor. But as I get older I seem to use it more out of the shop then in the shop.

Waterlox original!

Blog Entries
    Floor sanding abrasive rolls made in Sweden. 80, 120, 180, and 220 grit.Photo on 2-4-23 at 6.22 PM.jpg
    Best Regards, Maurice

There is a very fine line between “hobby” and “mental illness.” - Dave Barry

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bain View Post
    I thought I was the only one who was required to sacrifice blood to the woodworking gods for each and every project!
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Bandaid? What did electrical tape go out of style? Or duct tape for the big stuff lol.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kananis View Post
    Bandaid? What did electrical tape go out of style? Or duct tape for the big stuff lol.
    Yes, those are perennial favorites for fixing, um...boo-boos. That said, the latest generation of elastic bandages includes some that actually stay stuck around a wound as well as some specifically designed to work around "finger joinery", if you catch my drift. I have the former in my shop first aid kit and will have some of the latter as soon as local pharmacies are restocked...they all have been out of those suckers. (Not that I need them often, fortunately)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Almost forgot ca glue. Works even better than duct tape haha.