Thread: Amazon search engine failure

Amazon search engine failure

i guess Amazon has improved their search engine again so it is not possible to eliminate results. I am looking for 11/64 steel rod. I put in _-brass and many results are brass. I put it -stainless steel and most are stainless steel. I put "11/64" in quotes and I get lots of other sizes?
    A bad as home despot and lost search engines where the more elimiters I put in the more numerous the results. I have pretty much given up using their search engines at all.
    I think they are using reverse logic to increase exposure and hope I buy something else, anything else. Like I do not really care what I buy.
    Bill D.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 02-02-2023 at 9:43 AM. Reason: language

Amazon search engine ! It only shows you the product they are trying to push and not what you want.

Go to a Google search bar and type "Amazon: {product you are looking for}". I usually get MUCH better results this way than using Amazon's search.
    Last edited by Lee Schierer; 02-02-2023 at 11:24 AM.

Good to know it is not just me.
    I bet their staff and stockholder meetings are terrible and do not stay on topic at all. Do their press releases wander all over the topic and have nothing to do with their title? If not, why not?
    Bill D

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Schuch View Post
    Amazon search engine ! It only shows you the product they are trying to push and not what you want.

Go to a Google search bar and type "Amazon: {product you are looking for}". I usually get MUCH better results this way than using Amazon's search.
    That's a great suggestion. I've also been frustrated by Amazon's non-responsive searches.

Mike
    Go into the world and do well. But more importantly, go into the world and do good.

I've found that if I just google something I get more usable results to check out--If it's on Amazon, then okay...

ALSO, I've found that searching for things on eBay can at least narrow down where to look if it's NOT on eBay...
    ========================================
    ELEVEN - rotary cutter tool machines
    FOUR - CO2 lasers
    THREE- make that FOUR now - fiber lasers
    ONE - vinyl cutter
    CASmate, Corel, Gravostyle

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Schuch View Post

I use that method on a lot of sites whose search engines aren't as good a Google, like all.