https://mullettools.com/products/mul...dust-collector

curious how it compares to the dust deputy
    Bob C

Seems a bit high in price?
    Richard Poitras
    Central, Michigan....
    01-02-2006

Bob,

I switched from a Dust Deputy to a Mullet sometime in the past year. Absolutely no complaints and with the ridgid pipe connecting to the extractor it's much more convenient to roll around the shop than my previous setup.

Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

It seems pretty well made and I like the fact that it’s on wheels… it sure if the DD is
    Bob C

Seems fine, if pricey. Depending on what you want to do these bucket toppers from the home depot are 1/5 the price.
    https://www.homedepot.com/p/Dustoppe...D12A/315749552

Not going to be as easy to move around the place, so this would be better for stationary use.

I wish there were a video of someone dumping the dust out of the Mullet Tools item.
    Part of having a dust collection system that doesn't spread dust around your shop is making it easy to clean.
    I have a dust deputy on a 55 gallon drum, outdoors. Dumping that thing out is OK, I just wheel it over to the dust compost pile with a barrel hand truck. Zero shop dust spillage in the shop.

I used to use the Dust Stopper from HD , and they were pretty good- not great . I've got 2 work stations using vacs/extractors , and I'm happier with the Dust Deputy . The performance is just a little better , loss of suction is less .

William,

If you look at pictures of the Mullet you'll see a round port just below the cyclone. Unhook the Mullet from the extractor, remove the port cover and tip the Mullet over to empty. It's a simple process.

Cliff
    The problem with the world is that intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.
    Charles Bukowski

Quote Originally Posted by William Hodge View Post
    I wish there were a video of someone dumping the dust out of the Mullet Tools item.
    Part of having a dust collection system that doesn't spread dust around your shop is making it easy to clean.
    I have a dust deputy on a 55 gallon drum, outdoors. Dumping that thing out is OK, I just wheel it over to the dust compost pile with a barrel hand truck. Zero shop dust spillage in the shop.
    The website has a short video titled "Integrated dump bin with wide mouth" which shows it being emptied. Scroll down about halfway.