Thread: Minimax SC4E blade tilt stop adjustment

Minimax SC4E blade tilt stop adjustment

Hey everyone, I have searched high and low for the answer to this. I am trying to really dial this in as the 0 stop is off about .4 degree. I know its not much and probably of no consequence but I would like for it to be 100%. Ive read and re-read the manual and there is nothing about how to adjust the stop. I was hoping for a video but Youtube had nothing about the stop either.

Thanks in advance any input would be helpful

Mike

Suggest you reach out to Sam Blasco for advice on that since it's a detail that I suspect few have done anything with.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks Jim, I thought for sure you'd know... lol. I will send Sam a message as the dealer I purchased from doesnt really know either.

Hi Mike,

Are you trying to avoid using a square to get it perfectly 90 by using the stop or are you prevented from getting it to 90 by the stop? Seems like this will certainly be adjustable, either through the blade access or via the rear access panel opposite the sliding table. I had an issue with a similar saw and was able to access the entire assembly / make adjustments via that rear panel. Tight space but do-able.

You can also open a ticket with SCM via: https://userv.maestroconnect.scmgroup.com/ (or by calling them 866-216-2166)

It might help to post some pictures of what your seeing.

Derek

Hi Derek, Im not able to get to 90 because of the stop thats correct. thanks for the link. I can post pics if you want. Both my digital angle cube and the readout on the saw read .4 degrees

I had this same issue with my SC4E. All you have to do is adjust the stop(s) which are only a couple of bolts on the threaded rod that the handle connects to. I adjusted mine generously so I can go slightly past 90 and 45. The angle indicator gauge will keep rolling without an issue.

General help is to remove the bolts and polish the head or tail that is the actual stop. Smooth and rounded is better then any lumpy bits. touching.
    Bill D

Kendall and Bill are correct. Unless SCM changed things, it’s simply large hex nuts on a threaded acme shaft. Dont remember if there are grub screws inside the stop nuts but what I do clearly recall is that it wasn’t that fun to crack those nuts. The factory puts a ton of cosmoline on those tilting shafts and after a while, that stuff turns into some kind of varnish. Hope this helps.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep

Thanks for the help guys. I'll report back after I dig into it