Thread: New vs. Old : Felder K700S Slider

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New vs. Old : Felder K700S Slider

Hello,

I am considering a Felder K700S sliding table saw. During my research i found one locally for sale. The used saw is an older green model. Are there any noteworthy differences between the old and new k700s saws? Does anyone know if the green ones are dado capable? The owner does not speak very good english so its hard to get any info really.

Trying to determine if the multi thousand dollar upgrade for buying new is warranted.

thanks everyone.

As far as I know the green vs grey is a purely cosmetic change Felder did at some point to modernize the look of their machines. The more important changes in the K700 / KF700 saws are the introduction of the x-roll table maybe around 2003 or so and the introduction of a double trunion assembly in 2007. I have a modern KF700 and think a 700 series saw is a big upgrade anyway over a cabinet saw. So it will come down to price and availability.

Dado capability was an option for the US machines that needed to be ordered separately so have a close look at the saw arbor whether there is a spacer that can be removed for installing a dado blade. I don't think you can determine that by color (although the likelihood that a grey style 700 saw has it is very high).

If you are seriously considering a slider join the Felder Owner Group. That is where you will find the real Felder experts. I am somewhere between dilettante and amateur.

Green plastic, or paint? Mine is an '08 I think. Here's what makes it dado capable.

assy_collar_blade_KF-700.JPG

The dark green paint were pre x-roll sliders, but when clean run smooth and accurately. The earlier sliders had two slots instead of one. The crosscut fences were not as modern as the current fences. Also, the trunnion is single hung. That said, I have only ever had that generation of machine and I think they are fantastic.

If you dig around, you should be able to find a breakdown of the differences between the eras. Or, ask Felder.

What is the price? I have a 2005 KF700, and i find it to be a fine machine. The electronics package makes me slightly nervous, but i never think about single trunnion versus double trunnion etc. If it's 2008+ with a hefty discount, i wouldnt hesitate to buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Kane View Post
    If you dig around, you should be able to find a breakdown of the differences between the eras. Or, ask Felder.

What is the price? I have a 2005 KF700, and i find it to be a fine machine. The electronics package makes me slightly nervous, but i never think about single trunnion versus double trunnion etc. If it's 2008+ with a hefty discount, i wouldnt hesitate to buy it.

thanks for the info.
    it’s a 2006. Asking us $3500

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Boyet View Post
    …it’s a 2006…
    In that case, dado was definitely an option but the owner would need to confirm.

Erik
    Ex-SCM and Felder rep