Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Veritas Shooting Plane - squaring the cut

Blog Entries
    I checked this with the plane laying on its traveling side on the table saw top. Then using a Woodpeckers tri square that is used only occasionally to check my daily users for accuracy. Auto feelers were used to check the gap.
    It might be more accurate to hold the stock of the tri square on the traveling side of the plane to check the sole's variance. There could be some inaccuracy entering your measurement from the table saw top.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Koepke View Post
    It might be more accurate to hold the stock of the tri square on the traveling side of the plane to check the sole's variance. There could be some inaccuracy entering your measurement from the table saw top.jtk
    I tried that this afternoon and the results were the same as when I used the table saw table. Thanks anyway.

Blog Entries
    Perhaps there is a way to adjust the iron using the three lateral adjustment screws the plane has. Can anyone suggest anything?
    This is from one of the .pdfs listed under Care & Use:

If all is well, advance the set screws on either side of the body until they just touch the blade, not to clamp it but to create a guide so that you do not have to be concerned about the blade shifting.
    jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)