Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bed frame clamp rack

Bed frame clamp rack

Wife and I purchased an adjustable bed frame (highly recommend btw, highly) and the old frame was sitting there collecting dust so I turned it into a clamp rack as a Sunday project.

Looks like the pic is coming up sideways (again!). If I didn't have so much gosh darned trouble presenting pics, I'd probably upload some of my work but I'm so challenged to post a single pic that a whole spread of work seems like an exercise in frustration.

Regardless, very easy project that you could knock out in a little longer than it would take you to assemble the store-bought version (few hours, maybe 4) and save a couple hundred bucks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Great idea!
    Don't let it bring you down,
    It's only castles burning,
    Just find someone who's turning,
    And you will come around

Neil Young (with a little bit of emphasis added by me)

Board member, Gulf Coast Woodturners Association

Thanks! I just need another few bed frames and I'm all set lmao. Just kidding of course, clamps can eat space so fast though and you only have so many walls...

That was a really nice way to repurpose that bed frame! It's good metal and reuse is a lot better than getting rid, IMHO.

If you process the photos first and write them out before upload, you'll have more control over orientation. I bring them into my computer from my phone, make them nice in Lightroom, write them out as JPG files and then upload. That rewrites the Meta data and kills the auto rotation issue.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Oh I see, I'll try that - thank you, Jim.

Edit: this will be challenging lol. I don't get a lot of free time on a pc... always this or that to do and then some brain mush at the TV before nodding off.
    Last edited by John Kananis; 01-30-2023 at 2:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Becker View Post
    That was a really nice way to repurpose that bed frame! It's good metal and reuse is a lot better than getting rid, IMHO.

If you process the photos first and write them out before upload, you'll have more control over orientation. I bring them into my computer from my phone, make them nice in Lightroom, write them out as JPG files and then upload. That rewrites the Meta data and kills the auto rotation issue.
    Lotta steps there...(what, no development fluid?)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Hann View Post
    Doesn't flow well through the Internet for some reason...I guess it's too viscous....
    --

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Hann View Post
    Jim's pictures always turn out really nice, but I have noticed a faint odor of ammonia whenever he posts prints of projects.
    Confidence: The feeling you experience before you fully understand the situation

I always thought the A-Frame style wasted too much room.
    When I made mine many years ago, I tried to use every bit of space I could.
    24" x 24" footprint
    Clamp cart Back.jpgClamp Cart Front.jpg
    Just a different approach to try and save space

Haha, I'm sure there's an enlarger somewhere in the attic.

Edward, that cabinet indeed holds a lot.

Edward, that cart is kinda like a portable version of the clamp storage that Jason of BurbounMoth on the 'Tube constructed in his shop.
    --

Edward, that cart is kinda like a portable version of the clamp storage that Jason of BurbounMoth on the 'Tube constructed in his shop.
    Well, I built mine into its current configuration in 2008.
    Before then, it had no doors. I did a bit of Frankenstein to cobble it together.
    Each door shelf holds 10 F clamps. The back angled face holds about 20 F style or whatever you can fit in 23" of width. The inside bins swallow up a lot of little things that would otherwise not have a home.
    The things you need to do when you're short on space.

I'm about due for a new, low assembly table as my old hot-rodded dolly has seen better days. I think I'll include some clamp storage down below.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kananis View Post
    I'm about due for a new, low assembly table as my old hot-rodded dolly has seen better days. I think I'll include some clamp storage down below.
    If you can manage it, make it adjustable height...your back will thank you over time.
    --