Thread: Is there a forum site specifically for woodcarving?

Is there a forum site specifically for woodcarving?

Is there a forum site specifically for woodcarving? The woodcarving posts here are far and few between. If you know of any, please post some information on them.

Woodcarving Illustrated is one.

There had been a really good face book forum complete with tutorials, etc. IIRC it was up to about 20,000 members and had 10 to 20 new threads a day, weekly on-line meetings etc. " BWC Beginner Wood Carvers" The guy in charge was in Australa and it got to be too much between facebook's algorhythms, milk toast facebook personnel and some bickering between members. He just suddenly turned it off. The information and posts will remain up for the time being. Another member there told me the guy running it was looking at moving to an alternative social media site. For now the page says it is "paused"

Mary May woodcarving has a forum. It's not very active but attended by Mary May who is an expert. It also seems limited in style, as in very little 'carving in the round' or chip carving:
    https://www.marymaycarving.com/carvi...t-woodcarving/

There is also a reddit forum that seems to be active, 10+ new posts in the last day. I am not a member or participant, just checked to see if it was available:
    https://www.reddit.com/r/Woodcarving/new/
    Last edited by Jim McCue; 01-06-2023 at 8:27 PM. Reason: added link

Unfortunately, due to Arthritis, I can not carve with hand tools and use a Foredom or Dremel. I frequent two Facebook places.....Dremel Art and The Power Carving Guild.

There are MANY YouTube videos.