Thread: Hand Saws

Hand Saws

A few saws in a new drawer.

Saws.jpg

Here's my newer (14 years old) handsaw box, before I had put hinges on it. I have another one from 1975, but don't have a picture at hand. This one has backups of the Sandvik saws I like from finding them after they stopped selling them. These are what I call handsaws. Other types get called something else. Yes, I use them, but not the ones still in sleeves.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    THose Sandvik "Dragon" saws (with embossed dragon design on the handle) circa 1920-1950 have some of the best steel of any saws in my shop. Great etching too - one shows diagram of tooth with instructions of which part of tooth to set.

Painful to look at. Tool abuse, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Bender View Post
    A few saws in a new drawer.

Saws.jpg
    I'd be concerned about damaging the teeth. I store mine hanging in their own compartment in a saw till.

Regards from Perth

Derek

Not ideal, careful handling required. Not my current method but may be in the future. This was a test to find out what could be accommodated. Looks like a pretty competent collection.

Is the japanese saw on lower right an adjustable depth dozuki? And if so what uses do you find for it?

It is and works well for box joints and dovetails and would for mortice shoulders, but I don't use it much, other methods work well also.