Thread: Super, and Not So Super Service From USPS

Super, and Not So Super Service From USPS

Monday morning, I ordered a replacement switch for my old DeWalt saw form vendor on Ebay. Vendor is located in California. Yesterday (Wednesday) post man delivered switch. Second day service from west coast! But three weeks ago, I bought a welding clamp off Ebay. Seller was in Up State NY. Switch made trip from there to Raleigh distribution center ( where my mail comes from) in 16 hours. But the trip from Raleigh to my house only took three days, a distance of approximately 25 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Monday morning, I ordered a replacement switch for my old DeWalt saw form vendor on Ebay. Vendor is located in California. Yesterday (Wednesday) post man delivered switch. Second day service from west coast! But three weeks ago, I bought a welding clamp off Ebay. Seller was in Up State NY. Switch made trip from there to Raleigh distribution center ( where my mail comes from) in 16 hours. But the trip from Raleigh to my house only took three days, a distance of approximately 25 miles.
    I've had similar experiences. 3 days for mail to go about 25 miles to Philadelphia then be delivered in Philadelphia. Recently there were so many complaints about that sorting facility that the local U.S. House member held hearings. After those hearings we had a tracked piece go thru that facility in less than 24 hours which is what we'd expect.

I just placed an order to CMP for my M1 rifle, sent the 23d was there on the 25th, Iowa to Alabama. I was very surprised.
    Retired Guy- Central Iowa.HVAC/R , Cloudray Galvo Fiber , -Windows 10

Blog Entries
    I think the post office does a good job at ridiculously low prices. I just sent a letter to Portugal, it was only $2.71!
    Dennis