Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rising price of Hienz products in the UK

I thought you may find this interesting an article in a Uk news paper

Have Hienz increased the prices they charge in the USA by a similar amount

Please note prices are in UK £ one uk pound =$1.25

£1= $1.25

Heinz doubles price of some products in just a year – see list of hikes

Prices, on average, have increased across the most basic Heinz products - including their tomato ketchup and Beanz - as the brand has pushed up prices on 500 items across all the major supermarkets

Heinz have ramped up the prices of their products once again (Image: In Pictures via Getty Images)

Heinz has doubled the price of some products in just a year as the cost of living crisis continues to hit shoppers.
    The nation's favourite tomato ketchup - the 910g bottle - has risen 60% from £2.49 to £3.99
    , according to The Grocer.

This is considerably higher than November last year, where prices of Heinz tomato ketchup were £3.50 from Asda and Sainsburys.
    Tesco back then offered a price of £3.49, while Morrisons charged £3.85 for the product.
    For little ones, the Peppa Pig snap pots, which is pasta shapes in tomato sauce, have shot up 100% from £1 to £2.

Asda makes major change to popular items as supermarket axes 'use by' labels

The nation's favourite tomato ketchup has shot up, rising by 60 per cent ( Image:
    Getty Images)
    And a three pack of Heinz 200g Beanz tins has risen from £1 to £1.79. This is a 79% price increase.
    But it isn't only Heinz products that have seen a dramatic price rise, either.
    Meanwhile, the Heinz Splash! Apple and Blackcurrant juice, for a 500ml bottle, has risen from £1 to £2.

Heinz Veg Hoops have also risen by 80%, going form 50p to 80p for a 205g tin.
    The brand's Baked Beanz Curry has also shot up by 79%. The price has gone from £1 to £1.79 now.
    Overall, Heinz has pushed up prices on 500 items across all the major supermarkets.

The price of the most popular branded food products has soared by as much as 107% in the last two years ( Image:
    Getty Images)
    The price of the most popular branded food products has soared by as much as 107% in the last two years, according to the latest research from Which?.
    And prices, on average, have increased across the most basic Heinz products, including their beloved tomato ketchup and beans tins.
    But Heinz isn't the only brand that have hiked up their prices in many stores.
    With the cost of living crisis at the forefront of many families minds, the last they want is their favourite products increasing in price.
    Bisto and Premier Foods have also raised prices — intensifying the row between retailers and producers over who is profiteering from grocery inflation.

A few items for the little ones have also seen a price increase, including the Peppa Pig snap pots ( Image:
    Asda)
    Last edited by Brian Deakin; 01-27-2023 at 8:20 AM.

My thoroughly unscientific observation of food prices is that national (U.S.) brands have gone up quite a lot more than their store brand/generic equivalents. Store brands seem to be up maybe 15% -20% since B.C. (before Covid), national brands 50% or more for the same product. So yeah, there's some profiteering going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Curt Harms View Post
    .. Store brands seem to be up maybe 15% -20% since B.C. (before Covid)...
    Although it is but a single data point, the store brand granola cereal I like has inreased by well over 100%. No way all that increase can be attributed to increased labor and gas/diesel prices.
    Brian

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger or more complicated...it takes a touch of genius and a lot of courage to move in the opposite direction." - E.F. Schumacher

Some things are up a lot others not so much. Eggs and Beef are way up.

The only thing from Heinz I see in the Philadelphia area are condiments. Never saw Heinz beans or tomatoes on a shelf here.

Heinz and other tomato products mainly come from tomatoes produced in California. Due to drought, water restrictions are in place, limiting production, which raises prices. Here locally, most tomato products have doubled in price over the last 18 months. A 14.5 ounce can now costs what a 29 ounce can used to cost, except at Wegmans. Tuesday was in Wegmans, store brand of tomato products (29 ounce cans) were still $0.99 each, but five pounds of flour (store brand) had risen from $1.19 to $1.79, which means it's still the cheapest in the market though. Used to be Aldi's and Walmart were the cheapest on groceries, but not any more. On Wednesday morning, open up the adds and compare prices (Harris Teeter, Food Lion, Aldi's, Walmart,) then make up shopping list. Because of location of stores, driving down the same street, I start at Aldi's and work my way back to the house. Only one store is a block off Williams street, and it's between Williams street and the house., so no driving al over the place, using expensive gas, to get best deals.
    Last edited by Bruce Wrenn; 01-27-2023 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Citerone View Post
    Some things are up a lot others not so much. Eggs and Beef are way up.

The only thing from Heinz I see in the Philadelphia area are condiments. Never saw Heinz beans or tomatoes on a shelf here.
    Go to Pittsburg, and see what is the dominant brand. In your market, it's most likely Furmonos brands, as they are packed in eastern PA.

I think people just refuse to believe that the ongoing drought and weather issues have an impact on food prices.
    < insert spurious quote here >

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan Calow View Post
    I think people just refuse to believe that the ongoing drought and weather issues have an impact on food prices.
    That and a variant of bird flu has killed a lot of laying hens.

jtk
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

Some things are up a lot others not so much. Eggs and Beef are way up. …
    One joy of hanging out with local farmers: eggs, beef and pork too.

Quote Originally Posted by John K Jordan View Post
    One joy of hanging out with local farmers: eggs, beef and pork too.
    I'm Jealous! I used to room mate with a guy at college who's brother raised pork and chickens. Always had meat and scrapple! Then a couple other guys from hard core hunting families...........we never bought meat!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wrenn View Post
    Go to Pittsburg, and see what is the dominant brand. In your market, it's most likely Furmonos brands, as they are packed in eastern PA.
    Never saw Furmonos brands. Is that a packing company that packs other brand names? I usually choose Tutorosso tomato products because they have no salt added choices. Beans are Goya and store brands. Will look closer next time I shop. Pittsburg is a 4 hour drive from here.

Never saw Furmonos brands. Is that a packing company that packs other brand names? I usually choose Tutorosso tomato products because they have no salt added choices. Beans are Goya and store brands. Will look closer next time I shop. Pittsburg is a 4 hour drive from here.
    Furmans is company name out of Northumberland PA