Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Charles Guest

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Clarks Summit PA
    Posts
    1,506

    Charles Guest

    Charles Guest has not been to the forum in 2 months. He described himself as “old as dirt”. He had a tremendous fund of knowledge, especially hand tools. I enjoyed his spirited debates with other experts on the forum.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Hiawatha KS
    Posts
    67
    Hopefully he is staying warm and enjoying the winter. Probably curled up watching Roy Underhill shows.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    United Kingdom - Devon
    Posts
    498
    Agreed Mark. I don't always contribute, but I check in regularly and always appreciate reading his contributions.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    New England area
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rainey View Post
    Charles Guest has not been to the forum in 2 months. He described himself as “old as dirt”. He had a tremendous fund of knowledge, especially hand tools. I enjoyed his spirited debates with other experts on the forum.
    Still kicking around!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lubbock, Tx
    Posts
    1,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles Guest View Post
    Still kicking around!
    Glad to hear it!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    New England area
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Wilkins View Post
    Glad to hear it!
    Thank you Tony.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    West Simsbury, CT
    Posts
    363
    Can we at least turn this into a sharpening thread now?? 😄

    Good to see you’re still kicking, Charles!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dickinson, Texas
    Posts
    7,654
    Blog Entries
    1
    How about good morning. It is a good day to be here?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Lubbock, Tx
    Posts
    1,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Adams View Post
    Can we at least turn this into a sharpening thread now?? 

    Good to see you’re still kicking, Charles!
    I’m only sharpening to 30,000 grit. I don’t think that is enough. Should I go to 50,000?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Longview WA
    Posts
    26,091
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Wilkins View Post
    I’m only sharpening to 30,000 grit. I don’t think that is enough. Should I go to 50,000?
    I bought some 50,000 grit diamond paste at a lapidary shop. It hasn't been opened yet. My quest for splitting atoms kind of fizzled since switching to mostly oilstones.

    jtk
    Last edited by Jim Koepke; 02-02-2023 at 4:18 PM. Reason: horrendous spelling error
    "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."
    - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Clarks Summit PA
    Posts
    1,506
    CHARLES! Glad to see you! Just when the thread devolves into shiny, fancy, expensive tools required, or jigs made of ivory or brass, you and Warren come in to
    get things back to woodworking.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    New England area
    Posts
    556
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rainey View Post
    CHARLES! Glad to see you! Just when the thread devolves into shiny, fancy, expensive tools required, or jigs made of ivory or brass, you and Warren come in to
    get things back to woodworking.
    Thanks Mark and all -- I'll try to check back in more often.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Houston
    Posts
    198
    What about that unicorn thing?

  14. #14
    The Unicorn Method was invented by David Weaver , a former member here. I’ve seen it on line , might have been on YouTube.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •