Thread: Powermatic RB25 Belts Jumping

Powermatic RB25 Belts Jumping

I have a new to me Powermatic RB25 wide belt sander. The machine is in excellent shape. I replaced all of the air lines and lubed everything up since it had been sitting.

My problem is getting the belts to run straight. The machine seems to run fine for about 10-20 seconds and the belts move quickly to one side, shredding the edge of them.

Does anyone have any experience with the Powermatic RB25 RB37 or similar models from Grizzly RG25 and RG37 that can offer troubleshooting advice?

Gil
    Nashville, TN

I have no experience with your model belt sander but did a quick read of its abilities and found this quote from the machines description. "The air-eye system controls the oscillation for the 25in. x 75in. sanding belt, which prevents the belt from running off the end of the drums." I think I would troubleshoot that apparatus for a start.

You just need to adjust your oscillation cylinder. Look up the manual for an explanation of how to do this. I have two wide belt sanders. A new Cantec and an old Shing Sheng import. On my old Shing Sheng the cylinder is on the left side right below the top idler roller. I think that yours is similar.